Home
Posted By: blgoode Who all has extreme weathers? - 10/05/15
I have an itch for another M70 and wanted to see who loves their Extream Weathers?
I have a EW in 264 Win Mag. I will use it Elk Hunting this year.
Sold mine... Brian, you should look at getting a pre 64 model 70... wink... Let me just put it to you this way... I liked the EW:

[Linked Image]

It was a great rifle, but my pre 64's felt better to me. They have/had character and soul. I'd take this rifle over any EW everyday of the week and twice on sunday:

[Linked Image]

And for some reason, I liked this one better than the EW above as well. Both 30-06, but one just had more soul, and it shoots better to boot.... Win win...:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Not sure I really know enough to not get one that needs some work and I couldn't tell.

I know I have a short LOP so most stocks seem too long for me that if need to correct.
You have the bug now, but if you start buying/using pre 64's it will get even worse... Godspeed my friend...
Posted By: 79S Re: Who all has extreme weathers? - 10/06/15
I have a extreme weather great rifle.. I need to get me a pre64..
Got one in .30-06
Excellent rifle, bolt runs smoothly, feeds flawlessly and shoots 2.5" 5-shot groups at 300yds.
The stock dimensions are not in everyones favour, I restocked mine with a McMillan Winchester Hunter.
Originally Posted by blgoode
I have an itch for another M70 and wanted to see who loves their Extream Weathers?

I need to thing the herd quite a bit, if you want to go post 64 and like the heavy hitters, I have a Custom Shop Sporting Sharpshooter that is cats meow in 7STW ! Bad azz, I just do not need 3 STWs , the other 2 are Laredo's, Im keeping the one with the BOSS on it! the very best WinPoor
[Linked Image]
very best winbroke
Too big of a hitter for me smile nice rifle!!
Yep! its a long range dream, In SW GS , 500 yards is long range, a chip shot to you western guys! VB WP
I have two of the EW's and like them. I also have the Classics and pre-64 versions. The EW's that I have went thru a slight change before they became tier one guns on the same level as the previously mention models. I changed out the trigger spring to an Ernie and it now breaks at 3# on the money. It could be adjusted lower, but these are hunting tools and the 3# is what I like. I also have a McMillan Edge on order. To me the original stock just did not feel right. Others love the original stock. The changes I mention are strictly based on my person preference.
Originally Posted by lynntelk
I have two of the EW's and like them. I also have the Classics and pre-64 versions. The EW's that I have went thru a slight change before they became tier one guns on the same level as the previously mention models. I changed out the trigger spring to an Ernie and it now breaks at 3# on the money. It could be adjusted lower, but these are hunting tools and the 3# is what I like. I also have a McMillan Edge on order. To me the original stock just did not feel right. Others love the original stock. The changes I mention are strictly based on my person preference.

The one I pictured is just like what you are thinking about doing to yours. Great set-up for sure...
Now I'm trying to decide.... EW vs FN action .233 bolt gun.....ughhhhh smile
Posted By: EdM Re: Who all has extreme weathers? - 10/06/15
Just a classic stainless here.

[Linked Image]
I so wish I had bought that one!!
FN took the WSSM size action and put a 1 in 9 twist barrel, kept the old trigger, I always wanted to buy that gun, I like shooting the ,223 mod 70"s , playing with a heavy varmint in 1 in 9 , its cooking with the 69 gr SMK's , Im tickeled with the cheap white box LC 50 gr HPs as well, so far my sporter varmint whips it with lighter pills! very best winpoor
I have a 308. Liked it, love it with the Edge stock on it. It weighs between 7 1/4 lb. up to 7 1/2 depending on the scope. Shoots EVERYTHING I've fed it very well. I've had rifles that shot certain loads well, but it doesn't seem to matter with this one. It is my go-to rifle.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by lynntelk

The one I pictured is just like what you are thinking about doing to yours. Great set-up for sure...

That's the plan. Both of mine are 308 Win. that will have PT& G Oberndorf aluminum bottom metal with a graphite magazine follower. Finished it ought to come in around 7.8# with a 4.5x14 Conquest. The second one will be the same but with a 3x9 Conquest with a #4 reticle. Just waiting on McMillan. I'll have both of your pictures covered as one stock is black and the other brown with specks and a red pad.
© 24hourcampfire