Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
blgoode Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have an itch for another M70 and wanted to see who loves their Extream Weathers?

www.bgoodeknives.com

NC Knifemaker
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a EW in 264 Win Mag. I will use it Elk Hunting this year.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Sold mine... Brian, you should look at getting a pre 64 model 70... wink... Let me just put it to you this way... I liked the EW:

[Linked Image]

It was a great rifle, but my pre 64's felt better to me. They have/had character and soul. I'd take this rifle over any EW everyday of the week and twice on sunday:

[Linked Image]

And for some reason, I liked this one better than the EW above as well. Both 30-06, but one just had more soul, and it shoots better to boot.... Win win...:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
blgoode Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Not sure I really know enough to not get one that needs some work and I couldn't tell.

I know I have a short LOP so most stocks seem too long for me that if need to correct.

www.bgoodeknives.com

NC Knifemaker
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You have the bug now, but if you start buying/using pre 64's it will get even worse... Godspeed my friend...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a extreme weather great rifle.. I need to get me a pre64..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Got one in .30-06
Excellent rifle, bolt runs smoothly, feeds flawlessly and shoots 2.5" 5-shot groups at 300yds.
The stock dimensions are not in everyones favour, I restocked mine with a McMillan Winchester Hunter.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by blgoode
I have an itch for another M70 and wanted to see who loves their Extream Weathers?

I need to thing the herd quite a bit, if you want to go post 64 and like the heavy hitters, I have a Custom Shop Sporting Sharpshooter that is cats meow in 7STW ! Bad azz, I just do not need 3 STWs , the other 2 are Laredo's, Im keeping the one with the BOSS on it! the very best WinPoor

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
[Linked Image]
very best winbroke

blgoode Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Too big of a hitter for me smile nice rifle!!

www.bgoodeknives.com

NC Knifemaker
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yep! its a long range dream, In SW GS , 500 yards is long range, a chip shot to you western guys! VB WP

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have two of the EW's and like them. I also have the Classics and pre-64 versions. The EW's that I have went thru a slight change before they became tier one guns on the same level as the previously mention models. I changed out the trigger spring to an Ernie and it now breaks at 3# on the money. It could be adjusted lower, but these are hunting tools and the 3# is what I like. I also have a McMillan Edge on order. To me the original stock just did not feel right. Others love the original stock. The changes I mention are strictly based on my person preference.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by lynntelk
I have two of the EW's and like them. I also have the Classics and pre-64 versions. The EW's that I have went thru a slight change before they became tier one guns on the same level as the previously mention models. I changed out the trigger spring to an Ernie and it now breaks at 3# on the money. It could be adjusted lower, but these are hunting tools and the 3# is what I like. I also have a McMillan Edge on order. To me the original stock just did not feel right. Others love the original stock. The changes I mention are strictly based on my person preference.

The one I pictured is just like what you are thinking about doing to yours. Great set-up for sure...

BSA MAGA
blgoode Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Now I'm trying to decide.... EW vs FN action .233 bolt gun.....ughhhhh smile

www.bgoodeknives.com

NC Knifemaker
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Just a classic stainless here.

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I so wish I had bought that one!!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
FN took the WSSM size action and put a 1 in 9 twist barrel, kept the old trigger, I always wanted to buy that gun, I like shooting the ,223 mod 70"s , playing with a heavy varmint in 1 in 9 , its cooking with the 69 gr SMK's , Im tickeled with the cheap white box LC 50 gr HPs as well, so far my sporter varmint whips it with lighter pills! very best winpoor

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have a 308. Liked it, love it with the Edge stock on it. It weighs between 7 1/4 lb. up to 7 1/2 depending on the scope. Shoots EVERYTHING I've fed it very well. I've had rifles that shot certain loads well, but it doesn't seem to matter with this one. It is my go-to rifle.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by lynntelk

The one I pictured is just like what you are thinking about doing to yours. Great set-up for sure...

That's the plan. Both of mine are 308 Win. that will have PT& G Oberndorf aluminum bottom metal with a graphite magazine follower. Finished it ought to come in around 7.8# with a 4.5x14 Conquest. The second one will be the same but with a 3x9 Conquest with a #4 reticle. Just waiting on McMillan. I'll have both of your pictures covered as one stock is black and the other brown with specks and a red pad.

Last edited by lynntelk; 10/07/15.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 21, 50 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,767
Posts18,476,729
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.