Home
Posted By: rattler ticket is bought.... - 06/25/14
fly out of here the morning of July 10 and land in Adelaide Saturday afternoon after stopping by the airports in Tokyo and Singapore.....ive got more time than money and this was cheaper laugh....will hang out with AussieLad and his better half for awhile than off to hunt with Hone and battered.....prolly come back to the states sometime in September....
Posted By: Hone Re: ticket is bought.... - 06/25/14
Might need an address to send you a myki card, which is what you use for transport around Melbourne. Should be able to pick you anyway but this will give you a bit of flexibility if i can't make it until after work
Posted By: rattler Re: ticket is bought.... - 06/26/14
ill shoot you a message when i get to Troy's....no need for you to fire it across the pacific
Posted By: AB2506 Re: ticket is bought.... - 06/26/14
Who's going to publish while you're away?
My ex wife I would guess....we split and that became no longer my concern mid May.....I'm out at ScottF's at the moment.....I sometimes forget some guys here don't mess with the general forum much kept the fire more or less up on the generalalities of the split....was on good terms and bout two years in the making so not a major surprise to me or her....split as friends with no lawyers involved....I never even bothered to show up to the hearing before the judge......not sure what I would have done with out a number of guys here on the fire like Scott DocRocket eh76 and others like the three Ozzie's that said come on down when I decided I just needed to get the hell away from everything for a bit before starting over.....not to mention a few dozen others offering assistance should I ever wind up lost in there area
Posted By: battered Re: ticket is bought.... - 06/26/14
just fill me in as to when you will be up my way mate. there is a slight chance i can get you onto some buffalo, but time is poor for the next few months with a new contract ive started but in the very least we will do us some killin of some pigs goats dogs roos cats foxes
buff would be out-phugging-standing.....as much of an African nut as i am Aussie water buff are higher on my bucket list than most African hunting......but in all reality im just pleased im getting to see a fair bit of the country down there without it costing me a small fortune....wanted to head down there as long as i can remember......any hunting at all i get to do on top of the trip is just a bonus.....
Posted By: chrissum Re: ticket is bought.... - 06/26/14
Never hunted in Australia but visited many times with the US Navy of three different ships, you cant find better people on this planet!
Posted By: battered Re: ticket is bought.... - 06/28/14
thats very nice of you to say.
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: ticket is bought.... - 06/29/14
grinYou guys take care of Rattler as he is inclined to mischief if left to his own devices grin Make sure he gits back here for theCampfire Hog Hunt next year is all grin
Posted By: Hone Re: ticket is bought.... - 06/29/14
He'll be right ,Got him a job here working for commission
[Linked Image]
Got him a hot date lined up
[Linked Image]
The locals here enjoy the company of visitors
[Linked Image]
We'll turn on our best weather
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cal74 Re: ticket is bought.... - 06/29/14
Have fun & enjoy

ps: Your zippo should be waiting for you when you're back State side
Posted By: eh76 Re: ticket is bought.... - 06/30/14
Hone he is used to that weather and worse wink laugh
Posted By: Hone Re: ticket is bought.... - 06/30/14
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This is what you'd like to see and hear, bit hard now the rivers are up but you never know. Going to be interesting for you.
Vegemite on your toast , Beetroot on your hamburger, beer comes in a pot here in Vic, you'll be right
Posted By: rattler Re: ticket is bought.... - 06/30/14
i may need the job.....apparently my brother aint gonna win salesman of the year trying to sell my Jeep smirk
Posted By: TERRY8mm Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/05/14
DON'T TOUCH THAT VEGEMITE! That stuff make people from the northern latitudes liquify and run out their own arse.
Posted By: Hone Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/06/14
He'll be right , He'll either stay here and never go back ,or go home and never travel again.
He's going to 3 different states and we'll all drink different beers , so that will be a challenge, There will be 3 different climates to deal with
But the what we have in common , will be a campfire , a can of some sort to put in his hand and a feed cooking over the fire
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/07/14
Originally Posted by Hone
He'll either stay here and never go back ...

Even odds, I reckon.
Posted By: ironbender Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/09/14
That's going to be awesome, Sheridan!
Posted By: rattler Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/09/14
Scotts taking me to the ferry later this afternoon and ill just crash at the airport tonight....its a 7am flight and that means leaving Scotts place at 3am if i dont go today and neither of us is interested in that....i can crash anywhere and dont feel like dumping limited funds towards a hotel room for a few hours....will be at Troy's Saturday afternoon after brief tours of the Tokyo and Singapore airports laugh
Posted By: ranger1 Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/09/14
Sounds like a lot of fun man! I'm enjoying all of the updates. Kill some kangaroos for me!!
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/10/14

Bag a camel. That would be awesome.
Posted By: AussieLad Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/11/14
See you soon. Safe flights mate.
Posted By: EvilTwin Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/11/14
grinAll ya Aussie guys best keep in mind that his handle is "Rattler" for a reason! grin He has a penchant for handling and collecting venomous critters and carnivorous plants,not to mention killer shrimp!! grin Any thylacines wandering around just might get snagged!! grin
Posted By: northcountry Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/13/14
Has Rattler arrive in OZ land yet? Have not heard of nay disturbance down that way yet.
Just wondering Rattler keep us post on your progress down under. Cheers NC
Posted By: rattler Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/13/14
Yep landed bout 18 hours ago...customs was interesting....between being on a farm in the last 30 days and a pack full of hunting gear i spent alot of time chatting with them.....crashed for about 13 hours to recharge my batteries as i was intentially [bleep] with my sleep cycle on the way over and it seems to have worked..woke up this morning with zero jet lag..

Now Troy is showing me videos of the one critter i truly need to worry about and it aint a snake or any chit like that.....its a bull ant....SOB is about an inch long with a sting thats off the charts on the pain scale..

Posted By: Hone Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/13/14
[Linked Image]
This creature ? yep you'll know big time if you are bitten , Euro wasps aren't around in winter here , don't know about up north
Posted By: rattler Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/13/14
That be it....took a drive in the hills today to stretch my legs a bit and due to the fact Troy knew where to find some carnivorous plants within a short drive....so i got so pics and got warnings here and there about where he has seen the ants in the past
Posted By: northcountry Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/13/14
rattler
It is my understanding that if one of those ant's get you the Hospital is in your future, is that true? What you said about jet lag I found to be true get up with the natives and every thing is ok but could never beat it coming home, so we shall see with you. Cheers NC
Posted By: ingwe Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/13/14
Originally Posted by rattler
Yep landed bout 18 hours ago...customs was interesting.... i spent alot of time chatting with them.....

"chatting" with them! You're getting Aussie-ized already! laugh
Posted By: JSTUART Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/14/14
Originally Posted by northcountry
rattler
It is my understanding that if one of those ant's get you the Hospital is in your future, is that true? What you said about jet lag I found to be true get up with the natives and every thing is ok but could never beat it coming home, so we shall see with you. Cheers NC

No.
Posted By: rattler Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/14/14
notice the guys attitude towards the ant before and after the sting......

Posted By: eh76 Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/17/14
Where you hiding pard? Need more pics and stories!
Posted By: northcountry Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/17/14
eh76
I was thinking the same thing, Maybe he is out working at that service station the Aussie boys had lined up for rattler.
Cheers NC
Posted By: rattler Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/17/14
lol dealing with the same chit as at home, storm rolling through the last few days so been glued to the couch cause knees have been pissed, heading back out to the bush this weekend....plus showing up at Troys was more bout meeting up with a fire member that ive been chatting with and exchanging stuff with for years than any hunting or any of that......am uploading some pics i took the other day along a creek that runs near Troys house to tease Leighton with on the main forum laugh
Posted By: eh76 Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/18/14
Good to see you posting brother!
Posted By: CCCC Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/23/14
Sheridan, are you still in the Adelaide area?
Posted By: rattler Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/23/14
yep
Posted By: Ready Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/25/14
'shroomin, I suppose?
Posted By: northcountry Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/30/14
He must be out back where there is not internet. Cheers NC
Posted By: rattler Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/31/14
Back in Montana hanging out at my brother's place in Billings....though the clock says i left Adelaide 14 hours ago i spent 28 traveling.....damn time travel...will head back to northeast Montana to check on my niece and daughter on Monday..

Troy and Jess were wonderful hosts and already scheming on my next trip making sure Troy will be able to take serious time off so we can just load up a tent and supplies and pick a direction and go explore....still want to meet up with Hone and battered even if the hunting wont be what i hoped due to my chitty knees...Troy got me out spotlighting one night on a chicken farm where he got one feral cat and we believe i got a second though we didnt find the body in the knee high weeds....i also hit a rabbit but not being used to warren living rabbits my heart shot meant a lost rabbit....not used to rabbits living in groups and underground unlike out cottontails and jacks...

Not ready to become an Aussie but wouldnt mind hanging out down there for a year or so with a job so that i could do alot more exploring.....really neat country with real friendly people.....other than the gun laws its hard not to like the place
Posted By: milespatton Re: ticket is bought.... - 07/31/14
.though the clock says i left Adelaide 14 hours ago i spent 28 traveling.....damn time travel...

Yeah, when I came back from Vietnam, I got up into tomorrow. miles
Posted By: battered Re: ticket is bought.... - 08/01/14
i cant believe you never came up..........right i need another yank volunteer for some buff bustin

and yes rattler you can come too
Posted By: rattler Re: ticket is bought.... - 08/01/14
Wasnt planning on coming back to Montana either but my new niece is having some issues and ive already had the chitty experiance of loosing a nephew a few years back....really needed to come back...
Posted By: mudhen Re: ticket is bought.... - 08/01/14
Family first! You made the right choice.
Posted By: battered Re: ticket is bought.... - 08/03/14
yeah good call bloke
Posted By: eh76 Re: ticket is bought.... - 08/03/14
battered I hope to visit Australia before I expire..rattler is good people. Traveled with him several times on hunts.
Posted By: AussieLad Re: ticket is bought.... - 08/05/14
Thanks for the kind words Sheridan, I really enjoyed having you here, It was fantastic to finally meet you. Just ticked off like you that the timing was really crap. If I'd been in my old job, I would have been able to have the full time off, and really get you out into some wilderness. Been seeing those deer we spotted very regularly, last night, the four of them were only 10 metres from the road edge, in full view as all the cars drove past. Waiting for the buck to show up without antlers to go for a look to try and find the casts. Will try and get some (dead) specimens of the Bull ants out to you shortly. Hopefully customs will allow them as a scientific specimen.
Next time you're here.....road trip, South to North, via the East, and maybe a detour out west. Especially if you want to try some salt water fishing, google search Yalata beach fishing. I've yet to go there, but a good friend told me about fishing the surf gutters while the Bronze Whaler sharks cruised the flats behind, between him and the beach, not little ones either!! Said it got interesting walking into the beach, as the splashing got their attention, and he was pushing them away with his surf rod butt. All this in about two feet of water.
Rest up mate, and catch up soon.
© 24hourcampfire