Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
read this... anyone with a high school education should figure it out.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID5/11755.html

Opinions??
How about this??
You guys need to all read this entire topic, here is the link. Pay very much attention to the poster Avalance and Matt M.
They are exposing a few things, like a certain Chairpersons involvement with "World Trophy Outfitters" A high class upper scale outfitting service. Read up
http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php?t=27062

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since I have more than a high school education, perhaps you could explain WTF you're trying to say, in words of one and two syllables. Few things PO me more on these boards than some wanna-be rabblerouser coming on wanting me to read a bunch of obscure links to try to figure their point out from inane and frequently illiterate commentary by the apparently unknowing.

So...dude...give us the five-sentence English language version of your point, OK?

Thank you for your consideration...

DN

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Well said...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Mule deer, leave it up to you to make the first reply and first name calling post. Wanna-be?? LOL at least I am not a self proclaimed pro that cherishes the fact the real wanna-bees hing on every word you type.
Figure out the rest. Call me a wanna be?? At least I am not a self proclaimed media whore

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You might want to get back on the meds. After your obnoxious rant, I am steering away from this thread. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by muledeer
Since I have more than a high school education, perhaps you could explain WTF you're trying to say, in words of one and two syllables. Few things PO me more on these boards than some wanna-be rabblerouser coming on wanting me to read a bunch of obscure links to try to figure their point out from inane and frequently illiterate commentary by the apparently unknowing.

So...dude...give us the five-sentence English language version of your point, OK?

Thank you for your consideration...

DN

+2...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Dude, just read it instead of jumping on Muledeer's Jock wagon.
If you can't find the 10 minutes to do so, then move on and leave the post to those that will. This is important, I am not going to spell it all out but it is for you to look at yourself.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If you're not going to spell it out for us and make us follow those ramblings all over the internet it must not be too important...

muledeer's jock wagon? He may take offense to that...grin...

Creative as this is and as upset as you are by the threads on those places you site, obvious as it is, I'd be getting upset at the people trying to screw the blue-collars, I'm guessing such as yourself and myself, rather than get upset at us for trying to wade through what you're trying to say so we can help or relate to it...

That's it friend...

- Greg

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Gmoney,
Like I said, seems like a conflict of interest of sorts. If you want to read more that is up to you. I spelled stuff out in the past and got flack for it. Now I will just give a few notes and if anyone is interested they can look for themselves. Thanks for the response without name calling, much better than others

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It is sad...
But the path this society is going down it is not suprising...

If I get more "time" I may read into if further, thanks for the info...

- Greg

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Mule deer,

I'll spell it out...and I'll name names. I guess schmalts wanted people to read for themselves and figure it out. Not a bad thing really...if more people did that, maybe this mess wouldnt have occured from the start.

Don Peay, who is the founder of SFW and also a board member of FNAWS has manipulated the management of Utah's big-game hunting to favor his latest business venture WTO.

Keep in mind that since the inception of SFW, they've been pushing an agenda of "helping hunting" for everyone. All they really did in Utah was make elk hunting a limited quota affair.

Many of the best tags in Utah are now sold through landowners, outfitters, governors tags, etc. All stuff that the average guy has no chance at.

Don Peay used the average guy and political influence via SFW, to get what he wanted...high dollar tags for him and his rich buddies. There is no consideration for the average DIY hunter in Utah anymore. The pee-ons who supported SFW at $25 a year, hoping for more opportunity to hunt...are now looking at hunting a decent unit once...maybe twice in a lifetime. That isnt the case for Peay and his buddies though...they can hunt Utah every year.

To top of the whole thing...Peay formed a new business venture where he controls all aspect of it. A publically traded company that "caters to the high-end outfitted hunter".

If you cant see the implications of a direct conflict of interest with his new business WTO and SFW and FNAWS...you need new glasses.

Keep in mind that SFW (SPORTSMEN for wildlife) was how he was able to manipulate wildlife management in Utah.

I think he'll have a tougher time doing the same in other states. WYSFW has tried to get transferable landowner tags and guaranteed outfitter licenses pushed through. Thankfully, enough WY residents, along with the WWF saw this and immediately put the brakes on. SFW does not have a very strong foothold in Wyoming and hopefully they never do. They've tried the same thing in AZ, they'll keep on until they get their way.

Why do you suppose Don Peay and Bob Wharrf (WYSFW) would want to see outfitter sponsored and transferable landowner tags in AZ and WY?

Gee, let me think about that for .02 seconds...wouldnt be so Peay could sell a few more highend hunts through WTO could it? Naaaaa....

Its time for the INDIVIDUAL hunters to start taking control of their game. If they dont, expect to only read about the best hunting in NA in Trophy Hunter Magazine from the sidelines.

Clear enough?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BuzzH,

It would have been helpful if this thread was started with your comments instead of the members being hit with the approach that "there is something important that you should know, but if you don't read about it yourself, I'm not going to tell you" (Quotations are mine)

Kind of childish!

Steve

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Through clandestine relationships and lobbying the Aristocracy are ensuring that the commoners can not hunt the Kings Game.

This post is of absolutely no value to those blind to the apparent actions of Mr. Peay. Or those who choose to accept his goals and practices in hope of benefiting from same.

Perhaps, in a cynical sense, one should invest in WTO, given the likelihood that the common hunting mans apathy will allow Mr. Peays success.

GOA
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
BuzzH,

It would have been helpful if this thread was started with your comments instead of the members being hit with the approach that "there is something important that you should know, but if you don't read about it yourself, I'm not going to tell you" (Quotations are mine)

Kind of childish! Steve

Steve, i used to spell things out but was brandished as childish for that. What is childish about giving info and letting one make up his own mind? I don't want to do it for you but invite you to see the light yourself. The only thing childish about this thread is the egomaniac that would start off by calling names such as "wanna-be". But coming from a source it meant nothing...

Toodogs, sad but true. But i would feel like a pile if i stooped to that level.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by schmalts
Mule deer, leave it up to you to make the first reply and first name calling post. Wanna-be?? LOL at least I am not a self proclaimed pro that cherishes the fact the real wanna-bees hing on every word you type.

Figure out the rest. Call me a wanna be?? At least I am not a self proclaimed media whore

You can't read, either.

I like John (Barsness, aka Mule Deer); know him relatively well; bought a rifle from him; talked the magazine/outdoor writing business and hunting with him some. I don't think he's a "media whore", self-proclaimed or otherwise. I'm certainly not a "self-proclaimed pro" -- and neither is he. And I can safely assure you that he doesn't particularly cherish the notion that anyone hangs on every word he types, nor do I.

Point being, schmalts...if you aren't paying enough attention to know the difference between two long-time posters here, before you start slinging childish insults, how will we know you are paying enough attention to this issue to trust what you have to say about it?

I called you a wanna-be rabble rouser...as in a person who comes in to an environment, like this bulletin board, for the sole purpose of stirring up the natives and otherwise generating issues and conflict. I see nothing in your subsequent behavior to lead me to retract my viewpoint.

Good luck gaining support for your cause -- you certainly seem clueless about how to accomplish your stated objective. You certainly won't gain support with insults, invective and obscure links to unclear discussions.

DN (oh by the way -- that might be another clue for you...DN is way different from JB.?)

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
BuzzH,

Kind of childish!

Steve

Absolutely...

DN

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

before you start slinging childish insults, how will we know you are paying enough attention ...........

I called you a wanna-be rabble rouser...as in a person who comes in to an environment, like this bulletin board.....

[/i
is way different from JB.?)

Wow, kind of funny, I start slinging childish insults, when clearly you were the first to start off.

Yea sorry I got my Mule Deers crossed, Not real familiar with your click.
You say I am a rabble rouser and come here to do nothing more than stir the pot?? Wake up dude, use the search function and show me something of my last 6 months that show me doing as you accuse.
You sir, are an idiot. I see your from AK.. SFW will just go ahead and show you what I am trying to clue you in on. I don't know, maybe your an outfitter that will love the changes they will bring.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is classic...I could teach a "How not to do viral marketing in the new media" course on this thread alone.

schmalts -- Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming your sincerity about your cause for the moment, you have committed several classic "public relations in the new media world" errors.

First -- you have no bone fides established on this BB, so you first have to establish yourself as a reasonable participant before you issue a call to action;

Second -- you have to clearly but briefly articulate the facts you have assembled, and the reasoned conclusion you have drawn from them;

Third -- you have to clearly but briefly state why this does matter to the target audience you are addressing;

Fourth -- you have to issue a reasonable call to action, involvement, further research -- something you want your target audience to do.

While doing all this, you have to restrain yourself from the oft-times nearly overwhelming temptation to attack, insult, sneer, snarl, or otherwise anger the self-same audience you're trying to sway to your viewpoint.

Instead of following these simple procedures, you came in with a post insulting to our intelligence, demanding that we follow threads and then support your position. Then when I questioned your approach and asked for a clear explanation of your point, you gave in to temptation and hurled a set of clearly mistargeted barbs my way -- and justified it by saying that "You did it first!"

The bottom liine is -- you had a chance to influence more than 16,000 dedicated hunters and shooters, many of them influential outdoor writers, members of the firearms industry, and others you clearly would like to have on your side. Instead, you failed to research your market, failed to approach us in a effective manner, and turned this thread into an insult-fest -- thereby pretty much guaranteeing that you will not meet your objective in this market.

Consider this a free public relations lesson -- I normally charge quite a lot for this kind of analysis and strategic consultation.

And no...I am not an outfitter, nor a member of SFW, nor will I benefit from any of their actions. I might even agree with you, if you could rein your emotions in long enough to simply tell us what your point is.

Good luck,

DN

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
take your meds... crazy

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S

First -- you have no bone fides established on this BB, so you first have to establish yourself as a reasonable participant before you issue a call to action;

Exactly, that is why i decided to post a few links to get you to do the looking for yourself instead of this "nobody" telling what you should believe. Understand now? or do you welcome everyone on this forum with your politness and name calling?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 160user, 06hunter59, 117LBS, 12344mag, 71 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,387
Posts18,527,678
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.