Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
McInnis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
They're now made in China like almost everything else. Just got a new pair, and they're comparable in quality to the other imported Danners. The top eyelets are so cheap they aren't even designed to hold the laces in place while you try to tie them. Had to take pliers to them, hoping I wouldn't break one of them.

Cheap, cheap, cheap...

And another one bites the dust.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If you have to use Danner, make sure it is the US made models!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Any boot or shoe with glued-on soles will be made offshore. The EPA has outlawed all the good glues for use in the US.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Hood Winter Lites...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I know the disappointment. Red Setter hunting boots fit so well I felt I had settled on a brand. The last pair I ordered were made in China, el cheapos they were, they even stank. I left them hanging in the garage for over a year, they didn't stop stinkin but they did dr out and turn a whitish color.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Heck I got a pair of pronghorns a year & a half ago & those were made in china.

they are comfy enough I guess, i wear them almost every day because they are pretty light.

but they are not going to go the distance.

certainly not like a stitch down made in usa danner, not even close.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MY right foot is hurting from a pair of USA made Danner 18000's.
They are CRAP, CHEAP JUNK. $265 boots, that are nowhere near half wore out that have stretched so much that my foot slips around inside them working until I almost have a blister on the bottom of that heel, and the ball of my foot. It has that burning hot feeling you feel before a blister forms, it is quite sore.

I AM NOT pleased to say the least, and Danner is going to receive a phone call and letter very soon.

I will inform the campfire if they will do anything about these junk boots.

OBTW these boots have never been soaking wet or even completely under water that can remember, or have they ever had any oil of any kind applied to them. To new to need that yet..

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
what's an 18000 look like??

I've got a pair of all leather lace to toe type medium height insulated danners, stitch down USA bts & i'm probably at about 5 years with them now. I like mine but they are too hot & heavy to wear in the summer. I'd thought about getting a similar pair uninsulated for summer...

sorry to hear about your luck with yours, that's no good.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
http://www.danner.com/product/work+boots/uninsulated/men%26rsquo-s-women%26rsquo-s+flashpoint+plain+toe+work+boots.do

I just removed my sock. The bottom of my foot is pink to almost red in places, almost blistered...GGRRRR!!!!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
ahh, logger type boot.

that thing hurts my foot just looking at it man..

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Mine ate up my heels at first. Then they began to squeak.. My Pronghorns......suck

[Linked Image]
Moonrise over Bokeelia, "The Hill" Boca Grande Pass

"When you shoot a 270 towards something it's like an eagle flying mach speed shooting lightning bolts."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i was very proud to get 'some real hunting boots' a few years ago - danner pronghorns. they did not even survive the first hunting season. on day 2 of my first hunt in the boots they leaked. by day 4 the left boot had blown out around my ankle. they didn't even make it back into the house - they hit the garbage can.

what danner pronghorns did for me was teach me a valuable lesson about boots, and cured me from ever buying anything with the danner name again. thank goodness i wore them on a deer hunt - if they had come w/ me on an elk hunt i would've been really sorry.

Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It is much more important than that.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This country will be far better off, when those of us who live in the USA, start refusing to buy what is stamped with the made in China, Japan etc. on the label.

Shang Hi is the most modern city in the world now because of all the US and European money that has flowed into China in the last 15 years. This country of ours needs to get back into the manufacturing of goods and this will create jobs and bulk up US economy.

Now when you visit Bass Pro Shop or Cabela's, try voicing your opinion to management about NOT buying those goods which come from China or Japan! Do without for awhile and this country will get back on track. Those CEO'S and owner's of company's will bring back jobs, once they know they can NOT sell their goods in AMERICA from foreign lands.

Last edited by Tonk; 04/22/09.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Tonk
This country will be far better off, when those of us who live in the USA, start refusing to buy what is stamped with the made in China, Japan etc. on the label.

Shang Hi is the most modern city in the world now because of all the US and European money that has flowed into China in the last 15 years. This country of ours needs to get back into the manufacturing of goods and this will create jobs and bulk up US economy.

Now when you visit Bass Pro Shop or Cabela's, try voicing your opinion to management about NOT buying those goods which come from China or Japan! Do without for awhile and this country will get back on track. Those CEO'S and owner's of company's will bring back jobs, once they know they can NOT sell their goods in AMERICA from foreign lands.

If only most American consumers understood this! I agree with you 100%.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tonk

+1
You make a good point Tonk. These trade deficits and the loss of manufacturing are destroying this country. Dollars kept on our shores circulate in or economy and strengthen this country.

Member: NRA Life Benefactor
Gun Owners of America
2nd Amendment Foundation
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I've felt this way for a very long time.

loss of US manufacturing, it's a big deal.

how the heck do you get consumers to drive that change though?

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What boots are Made in USA? Would help to know, thanks!

β€œThere are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I've felt this way for a very long time.

loss of US manufacturing, it's a big deal.

how the heck do you get consumers to drive that change though?

I wish I knew. So many people are geared into the Walmart buy it for cheap no matter where it comes from syndrome that I don't know if you can ever turn it around. I see it here on this forum also whether it's scopes or rifles there seems to be a resentment toward american manufactured goods with no value seen in buying products from this country. I'm not saying these foreign products are bad just that I believe we make a good product and it's only smart business to support and keep our own manufacturing base strong while keeping dollars here on our shores. The bottom line is it won't happen here until people demand it.

Member: NRA Life Benefactor
Gun Owners of America
2nd Amendment Foundation
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I buy from a US manufacturer if I can, and a local one if at all possible. I buy more expensive things sometimes just for the sake of paying the "little guy" that's local. I don't know if it helps, and I know it doesn't help the pocket book (I can't buy as often, but I can support the local/US manufacturer) but in my own mind I think I'm doing something good. Who knows. I guess capitalism is buying the best product at the best price, but I don't know if that means three pairs of Chinese boots for every US made boot...I just don't know. I wear US made Danners, US made Filson, but it's hard to get everything US made, even when you're specifically looking for US made stuff.

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

TripleA RV in Medford, OR SUCKS
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
i believe completely in the idea,have for a very lng time.

I also believe it is more important now than it ever has been.

influence can be successfull with the right push.

take the amount of money being put into anti smoking ads & comercials & use the same sort of truth format to express the importance of making a stand, loking for the USA lable.

I think it could have an impact. it takes a new generation of people for the most part to make a big change like that.

if we invest in influencing young people, it could take root.

One example would be drinking. When I was a kid, drinking was awesome!! We couldn't wait to party & get drunk! the mvies & tv shows made it all seem so awesome!!

Well that's a little different now, drinking around my parts anyways is way down with young people.

Different influence took root with a new generation.

Something clever here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 3,141 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,480
Posts18,471,781
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.