Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
Well the Springfield Armory Hi-Power followed me home yesterday.

Was surprised the background was approved (in Oregon) quick enough for me to take it home.

It just feels "right" in my hands. Ran a quick 13 rounds through it for function test. 100% so far!

I'm thinking I "need" some night sights for it.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

P.S. I've got a Glock 19 and Sig P-365 for carry guns, but this will make another good option.

Virgil B.
13 rounds and you "think" it needs night sights?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My two other carry guns have night sights, and I'm rather fond of them.

Sure is nice to see where my Pistol is when I reach for it in the night, let alone being able to point it in the right direction.

Was thinking this before I ever fired it. 13 rounds has nothing to do with it.

Virgil B.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Just came across this thread. I bought a SA-35 a few months back and put 300 to 400 rounds through it. I could not get decent groups at 25 yards. I'm not expecting x-ring groups, but it would be nice if it would hold the black at 25. It won't. I sent it back. I got it back a few days ago, and the SA customer service couldn't have been better. It still won't shoot satisfactory groups. They included a target that looked good until I read that it was shot at 11 yards using ammo that retails at over a dollar a round.

I bought Ransom rest adaptors and am going to try that before I send it back again. Unless all the gun writers are lieing about those 2" groups, there must be some of them that shoot well.

Do any of you have one that does?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by fourarmed
Just came across this thread. I bought a SA-35 a few months back and put 300 to 400 rounds through it. I could not get decent groups at 25 yards. I'm not expecting x-ring groups, but it would be nice if it would hold the black at 25. It won't. I sent it back. I got it back a few days ago, and the SA customer service couldn't have been better. It still won't shoot satisfactory groups. They included a target that looked good until I read that it was shot at 11 yards using ammo that retails at over a dollar a round.

I bought Ransom rest adaptors and am going to try that before I send it back again. Unless all the gun writers are lieing about those 2" groups, there must be some of them that shoot well.

Do any of you have one that does?

There are some serious Hi Power enthusiasts over here, you might check with them, but overall, they usually send theirs to get a new crown cut, or a new barrel, sometimes.

https://www.1911forum.com/forums/browning-hi-power.15/

Don't feel bad, I've got one of the gussied up Girsan MCP-35 Match pistols, and it's sure not well-named, it's mediocre at best.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Thanks Ratsmacker. Those guys are really serious about where their empties hit the ground and where the trigger resets and other things that are a bit too aesthetic for me. I want it to shoot small groups, and so far it hasn't.

I was surprised to see Brian Pearce review one in the latest issue of Handloader. I have to wonder if it took them this long to provide him one that would group.

What have you heard about the match barrels from Cylinder and Slide?

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
C&S has always done quality work, period. I knew Bill Laughridge 35 years ago, and he did some work for me on the best HP I ever had. He sure knew his stuff. I hope his retirement is going well. Some of his employees took over and are doing the same quality work Bill himself put out, so if they're selling barrels, they're probably top-notch quality.
There's another outfit BHP Solutions, or something similar, that are also the "guys in the know" these days. They've done a bunch of videos on youtube the past few years, and sell all manner of things, barrels, spring kits, and do the fitting, too. I'd check out both outfits, and see which fits your budget best. Also, Barsto makes Hi Power barrels, along with several others.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fourarmed
Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.

Buy some of this stuff. If it won’t shoot this then it’s the barrel. They are getting 1 1/2 groups at 50yds out of a Glock 17.

https://atlantaarms.com/products/elite-9mm-124gr-jhp.html

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dla

Was surprised the background was approved (in Oregon) quick enough for me to take it home.

It just feels "right" in my hands. Ran a quick 13 rounds through it for function test. 100% so far!

P.S. I've got a Glock 19 and Sig P-365 for carry guns, but this will make another good option.
Virgil B.

If I recall correctly problems showed up after several hundred rounds were fired through pistols, therefore, you have at least 987 rounds to go. Ameriglo makes best sites of this type, but I am not sure they are available for model being discussed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by dla

Virgil B.

If I recall correctly problems showed up after several hundred rounds were fired through pistols, therefore, you have at least 987 rounds to go. Ameriglo makes best sites of this type, but I am not sure they are available for model being discussed.

Why on earth should it take any rounds at all to want night sights? Either you want them or you don't.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
FreeMe;

Exactly! I knew I wanted night sights before I ever bought this pistol.
I like them on ALL of my semi auto handguns.

Virgil B.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FreeMe;

Exactly! I knew I wanted night sights before I ever bought this pistol.
I like them on ALL of my semi auto handguns.

Virgil B.

Dla can be almost as funny as Jason/slavek sometimes.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

220 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 264mag, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 204guy, 32 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,060
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.