Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Were TSS less expensive, I'd probably be all in......but it isn't! Can't help it. I'll just continue to shoot 2.75" #8's. That's my go to.

My BIGGEST problem with TSS is that so many people talk about it like it's magic. Too many unscrupulous (you KNOW they're out there) hunters take the "magic" to heart.
Rather than take the time and effort to get a bird into range, they will rely on the "magic" and try ridiculously long shots.
I've killed several birds that had #4 and #5 shot embedded in the back of their legs. The result of idiot hunters delivering "parting shots" at the back side of retreating birds! 😉

A lot of assumptions in your post. I use it because its the best thing to take out there. I'm not fortunate to have a ton of chances at turkeys so when the moment does happen I wanna know I have the best in my gun...whether its 10 yards or 40 yards. People were taking hail mary shots at turkeys well before tss was out. I wonder how many turkeys were wounded when the longbeard shells came out and everyone was in love with them. You think I'm worried about a 10 dollar shot gun shell after all the money I spend on gas, property taxes, tractor work, seed, fertilizer, etc, etc. Nope, that's my least expense when its all said and done.

I will say taxidermists hate the stuff, it wrecks the heads to where most are unusable. They get credit sending heads in to offset material costs.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by killerv; 04/09/24.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No offense to guys that want to spend the money on TSS. But, I really don't think I need it. I shoot Longbeard XR's. I've killed several past 40 yards. I'm confident in my ability with them. I killed one at 47 yards that was walking. If the price on TSS ever comes down, and it won't, I'll try it.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I used it in a 410 and it worked great but I’m with you I’ve killed tons of birds with a 12 using $20 lead shot.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That's not really a comparison at all. I would certainly hope there would be different results between 12ga and .410. Where TSS comes into play, in my opinion, is in the sub-gauges, as has been said all along. Without TSS, I wouldn't use a .410, while in a 12 gauge, it would be completely optional. TSS is a game changer and available if you want to use it and feel it's worth it. Take a look at the TSS threads in the reloading forum, people are getting some incredible results with it.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (6mmCreedmoor, artur, Backroads, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 9 invisible), 1,505 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,402
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.