Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
On the surface, the concept of a carbon tax and carbon credits is stupid. Dig deeper and it is more than stupid; it is criminally stupid. One might argue that the intent is to raise the price of fuel to the point that people might take it upon themselves to alter their energy use habits. However, when the infrastructure of the entire nation is predicated on the availability and use of fossil fuels, the only result is the runaway inflation we are seeing. The thing is, the current system of supply and transportation has been built up over the last 75 years. At fifty years ago, it was already apparent that the model was not sustainable, but no one wanted to hear it. When asked about their plan to deal with climate change, the Conservatives need to first state that climate change, influenced by man or not, needs to be met with real world plans to minimize any negative effects on our country. They then need to state, what will not help are band-aid solution which exacerbate any negative impacts. They need to point out that the Liberal "plan" to combat climate change is not only ineffective but detrimental to the welfare of the citizens of the country. Never mind the catchy phrases and cheap politicking, we can handle some substance and we deserve it. GD

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Steven G just keeps digging the Liberal hole deeper every time he opens his mouth on the carbon tax

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/top...iking-carbon-tax-even-higher/ar-BB1ksCrH

Hugh
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Kinda long but covers it pretty well.

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey, whodda thought the bastards would put gas up 8 cents, mid week before the extra 4 cents for the bullshyte tax, Monday ?

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The MP's needed a raise and we have two wars to contribute too. We also have social programs coming onboard weekly (otherwise known as Communism).

Trudeau says yer gonna get it all back, plus some, so quit whining and pay the fugg up. frown

IC B2

BC30cal Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Paul;
Good morning my friend, I hope you all had a great Easter weekend other than the gas prices etc.

Not that it makes you feel any better, but the fuel companies did that here too.

We're at $1.72.9/liter here in beautiful downtown OK Falls, but I see our daughter gets gouged anywhere from $2.01.9 to $2.05.9 at the coast.

Wonderful stuff really isn't it?

Also read through the Canadian Federation of Independent Businesses this little report.

"Though the government promised to return 9% of revenues to small businesses through grants and rebates, less than 1% has actually been returned. The tax has undoubtedly contributed to the rising cost of doing business in Canada, and at great expense to small business owners."

It remains a mystery to me that so many in the legacy media remain incapable of connecting the dots where higher fuel costs necessarily result in higher transportation costs which in turn always have and always will mean we pay more as consumers.

Thought we'd kinda sorta covered that by say Grade 5.....

Dunno Paul, maybe new math is a real thing?

Hope not.

Best to you all regardless.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Random thoughts on Carbon Taxes

Dwayne

That if one took all the people that believed that taking money from others who are feeding the planet, would save it?

And mashed them all together?

It wouldn't even make an Idiot.

GR

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dwayne, despite the gas prices, we had an excellent 4 day, Easter weekend !!

Food coma & a movie !!

7 dogs & 7 hoomans;

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Food pics in the dinner/supper thread.

Paul.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
See any protests? LOL

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
None of our family, has bought gas, since last Tuesday !

9 vehicles.

Lots doing it, according to the book of faces !

Have to, eventually, but .....................

Paul.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Because I live close, I fill up south of the border. I buy off-road diesel down there as well. If I get a rebate check, I will sign it over to Poillievre, with instructions that it is to be applied to the national debt when he gets elected. GD

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (Anaconda, Amos63, 44automag, 01Foreman400, 808outdoors, 10 invisible), 1,483 guests, and 716 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,095
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.