Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Buster Brown had that jingle on the radio. "I'm Buster Brown, I live in a shoe. This is my dog Tighe, he lives there too"

and those shoe store XRay machines. They would give you a life time dose of radiation in just one visit.

Sam......

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by carrollco
BOBBALEE: You a Buffet fan too? He did alright for a Mississippi boy. Always been a fan. Liked “Come Monday” and the Living and Dying in 3/4 Time album. Great songwriter.

I still have his early albums.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Buster Brown had that jingle on the radio. "I'm Buster Brown, I live in a shoe. This is my dog Tighe, he lives there too"

and those shoe store XRay machines. They would give you a life time dose of radiation in just one visit.

Mom and the salesman got to look into them. I was forbidden to do so. I managed to sneak a look once.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Brown Shoe Company was located in Belleville, Illinois - my home town. Closed sometime in the 60s, I think.

Buster Brown, Red Goose, Converse All Stars, Red Ball Jets... all shoes of "back when". We always got a new pair of canvas "sneakers" every Spring. By Fall, they were in tatters and we'd get new leather ones for school and winter.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The Brown Shoe Company was located in Belleville, Illinois - my home town. Closed sometime in the 60s, I think.

Buster Brown, Red Goose, Converse All Stars, Red Ball Jets... all shoes of "back when". We always got a new pair of canvas "sneakers" every Spring. By Fall, they were in tatters and we'd get new leather ones for school and winter.

It was always a big day in the spring when we were allowed to ditch our "real" shoes for tennis shoes. We never did figure out whether there was a "Queen Mother" who made the decision unilaterally or if there was a committee that got together and decided on the acceptable date each year.

Along with the Red Ball Jets and PF Flyers, there were the Keds, which had those thick toe sections with the ribs on them. Chucks didn't really show up until high school, when each and every basketball player wore a pair that was a minimum of one size too large. When I was a senior, our guidance counselor and history teacher/assistant basketball coach decided to take on the task of attempting to turn a hopeless geek into a cool dude and got me outfitted in black/low-cut Chucks, sweat socks dyed in coffee, wheat jeans, and black t-shirts. It did actually work to a degree.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I remember not knowing what TV was.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I remember not knowing what TV was.

What did you have for breakfast?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Three cent stamp. Penney post cards.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Bates floaters

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Cardboard sieves on flashlight battery's

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
When Doctors made house calls.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Penny candy in the big apothecary jars at the local neighborhood store- - - -that actually cost a penny apiece. My favorite was the coconut haystacks. Lucky Strike unfiltered- - - - -quarter a pack- - - -started buying them at the same store at age 12- - - -no note required!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
When they repaired radios, and TVs

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 55 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,570
Posts18,473,278
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.