Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Lots of good links and posts here:

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?276144-41-Magnum-41-Special-Load-Data-Center

It is too bad that there are so few manufacturers who still make .41s today...Ruger, Freedom Arms and Henry are the only ones I know of...yet there are more ammo manufacturers and loads than ever before...go figure.

FA make some great .41s...

[Linked Image]

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RJM
It is too bad that there are so few manufacturers who still make .41s today...Ruger, Freedom Arms and Henry are the only ones I know of...yet there are more ammo manufacturers and loads than ever before...go figure.

S&W still offers the model 57, too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tried to buy a 57 in Tulsa. I ended up with a 97% in the box 29. I also picked up a 15 that had been bead blasted and re-blued. Tried to pick up a 57 at an auction. Bid on three different ones - I’m just a cheap skate, I guess. I think there was a time when 58’s and 57’s were inexpensive, not so much anymore.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bugger
Tried to buy a 57 in Tulsa. I ended up with a 97% in the box 29. I also picked up a 15 that had been bead blasted and re-blued. Tried to pick up a 57 at an auction. Bid on three different ones - I’m just a cheap skate, I guess. I think there was a time when 58’s and 57’s were inexpensive, not so much anymore.

Bugger, I think you'd be very lucky to get one for around $1000-1100 these days.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
The 41 has long been a favorite of mine. I have a Mountain Gun so chambered and a Ruger Bisley fluted cylinder in 41. Both are wonderfully accurate. I’m selling a few guns to fund some gun projects and the Bisley is one of those projects. Hope to get the barrel clipped to 5.5”, Fermin Garza front sight, action job and I have a set of unfinished Rob Rowan Dall sheep horn grips to be fitted.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Bugger

Bugger, I think you'd be very lucky to get one for around $1000-1100 these days.

Remarkably easy, you can order one from places like Buds, Grab a Gun,..... it we be close to $1100 to get one in your hands. You do not have to use child safety lock if you do not want to, simple yes?
Big upside is you will not loose lot in resale if you choose to carry and shoot it, but it might take little longer to find willing buyer due to caliber, most want .44 Magnum.
Old pinned and recessed stuff is best left to internet "show and tell" collector guys, unless you do not mind big depreciation in value from use. You see "show and tell" pics all the time, a revolver with shot target, ammo, empties no signs of use like famed cylinder ring.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Slavek
Remarkably easy, you can order one from places like Buds, Grab a Gun,..... it we be close to $1100 to get one in your hands. You do not have to use child safety lock if you do not want to, simple yes?
Big upside is you will not loose lot in resale if you choose to carry and shoot it, but it might take little longer to find willing buyer due to caliber, most want .44 Magnum.
Old pinned and recessed stuff is best left to internet "show and tell" collector guys, unless you do not mind big depreciation in value from use. You see "show and tell" pics all the time, a revolver with shot target, ammo, empties no signs of use like famed cylinder ring.

Ah, such "expert" advice. Whoever told you that the classic pre-locks would depreciate in value by shooting them (unless they're unfired in the original box, perhaps) doesn't know much about guns.
Unless I abuse/neglect them or blow them up, my pre-lock 57's will always be worth more than the Hillary guns, even though I choose to shoot them. And yes; mine have that "famed cylinder ring".

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jcon72
Originally Posted by Slavek

Ah, such "expert" advice. Whoever told you that the classic pre-locks would depreciate in value by shooting them (unless they're unfired in the original box, perhaps) doesn't know much about guns.
Unless I abuse/neglect them or blow them up, my pre-lock 57's will always be worth more than the Hillary guns, even though I choose to shoot them. And yes; mine have that "famed cylinder ring".

Jcon, thank you. I wasn't even going to answer this guy. Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 1234, 50 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,644
Posts18,474,529
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.