Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
GENTS:

I have for sale a Hornady Ammo Plant which I bought new in the summer of 2020. The Ammo Plant itself comes with everything shown here, including automatic casefeeder AND bullet feeder (everything that comes in the box EXCEPT the Hornady antique tin sign, and the die wrench). You must provide your own dies. All manuals are included.

[Linked Image]

"The ammo plant ships complete with the following:

Lock-N-Load AP Progressive Press
Lock-N-Load AP Pistol Bullet Feeder
Lock-N-Load AP Case Feeder
10 - Die bushings
6 - Case retainer springs
3 - Large cartridge catchers
Large Primer Tube
Small Primer Tube
3- Large Primer Pickup Tubes
3- Small Primer Pickup Tubes
2 - Primer Slide Springs
Pistol Powder Metering Insert
Rifle Powder Metering Insert
Powder Cop Die
Die Wrench
Vintage Tin Sign

Case Activated Lower Assembly

So the only thing left to purchase is the easy access shellplate, reloading dies, appropriate case feeder plate, bullet feeder die, and any additional die bushings you'll need."

One of the best things about the Hornady Ammo Plant is that caliber swaps are not mondo expensive, nor do they require a bunch of expensive toolheads with dies and powder measures on expensive "stands" taking up space, nor when set up correctly (like this press is) is it time consuming to set up and swap over. Everything remains pre-set! If you reload (or want to) a number of pistol calibers and don't want to spend a fortune on additional caliber conversion hoo-ha, or lots and lots of time readjusting everything between calibers setups, then THIS press is the way to go.

I managed the extra items (see pic below) on a simple pegboard, with room to spare. This press was set up so that I could change calibers quickly and easily, with a minimum of adjusting and fiddling. That costs you a LOT of $$ and TIME with other presses. The Hornady is much more reasonable costwise, which adds up fast as you want to reload more calibers ...

NEXT, I have added to what comes in the Ammo Plant box quite a few extras which allow you to quickly, easily, and INEXPENSIVELY, swap the press over and load for, at the very least, the following 8 pistol calibers:

.380 Auto
9mm Luger
.40 S&W
10mm Auto
.45 ACP
.38 Spl
.357 Mag
.41 Mag

Here are the extras:

[Linked Image]

A. 2 Case feeder plates (not included with Ammo Plant and required for the automatic case feeder)
1] Large pistol
2] Small pistol

B. 5 shell plates (not included with Ammo Plant and required for each separate caliber):
1] 9mm
2] .40/10mm
3] .45 ACP
4] .38/.357
5] .41 Mag

C. 4 bullet feed dies (not included with Ammo Plant. One required for each different caliber.):
1] 9mm
2] .40/10mm
3] .45 ACP
4] .38/.357

C. 5 case-activated lower assemblies (so you can preset powder drop and case mouth expansion for each caliber and avoid having to adjust when you swap calibers, which is a time-consuming PITA otherwise).

D. 6 PTX Powder Measure Stops (work in conjunction with lower assemblies to avoid PITA when swapping calibers).

E. 1 pistol die bushing (pre-set by me for 4 grains Titegroup ... makes life real easy when swapping calibers - otherwise you need to throw charges and adjust powder measure).

F. 1 10-pack Hornady LnL die bushings (leave your pre-adjusted dies in these, one quick twist on press and ready to rock ...)

G. Inline Fabrication "skylight AND "ceiling" LED lighting kits, already installed. Muy bueno.

Retail on the entire Ammo Plant is $1800 on Amazon, and on the extra stuff is ~$1100-plus per Amazon. I am sure it can be found for more or for less elsewhere, but to keep it easy, I just went to Amazon.

~$2900 before tax and shipping is retail price.

Give me $1750 and take care of actual shipping, and it's all yours.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice! How many rounds have you run on it?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I’d guess ~5000, mostly .45 ACP and 9mm. Some of the “extra” stuff is unused. I have not loaded any revolver cartridges on it, for example.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tag

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Great deal for someone. I have that same setup and it rocks... once you figure it all out.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am surprised it is still here...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 56 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,571
Posts18,473,285
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.