Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
They don't make them like they used to.

452/453 is built like a Winchester 52 or a Cooper.

457 is built like a 10/22...Tom

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by thomasconnor

There may be some truth in that^^^^

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by thomasconnor

Well said !!!

I have owned numerous 452's and none were never disappointing. Each and every one has had accuracy well above what would be expected of an off the shelf sporter.

There is a reason that there is almost a cult around the older BRNO and CZ rimfires and is now starting to include the 452 series. Even though they do not have a match grade trigger it can be adjusted to a reasonable weight of pull and the design is like a Mauser 98 or Winchester 70 in that it is open design and unlikely to fail due to blockage. Then there is the threaded barrel which I really prefer.

The safety, even though some folks find it "bass ackward" is a great design, it not only blocks the firing pin but it aso retracts the firing pin and is a direct block between the safety and striker.

And just in case you are wondering - I have Coopers, Win 52's, Anschutz and a couple of other well thought of 22's and IMO if someone runs across a 452 at a reasonable price they should jump on it because they will never be cheaper when more folks discover just how good they are.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I had one. I prefer a safety operate in the conventional manner, but it wasn't something I couldn't work with.

Mine was quite accurate even though the trigger sucked. It was a nice-looking rifle. If I'd had someone work on the trigger I may have kept it, but it just sat in the safe gathering dust after I bought the Tikka T1x. The Tikka didn't look as nice, but had a much better trigger, was more accurate, and the safety worked the way I prefer. I'm more interested in how they perform than how they look.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JMR40
I had one. I prefer a safety operate in the conventional manner, but it wasn't something I couldn't work with.

Mine was quite accurate even though the trigger sucked. It was a nice-looking rifle. If I'd had someone work on the trigger I may have kept it, but it just sat in the safe gathering dust after I bought the Tikka T1x. The Tikka didn't look as nice, but had a much better trigger, was more accurate, and the safety worked the way I prefer. I'm more interested in how they perform than how they look.

I can agree with that. I think if it looks great, that is the icing on the cake though. But I have had ugly ol Savages that will outshoot most CZ's. Still nice to have a good looking rifle, but its got to shoot well. A lot of guys have complained about the trigger on the 452. I'm wondering what it takes to make them better? Just a spring? A little honing and polishing? I can damn well guarantee you they don't have worse triggers than my Mossberg 640KD Chuckster 22WMR. That trigger is very nice now, though, after a little work..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10ring1, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,638 guests, and 1,385 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,094
Posts18,483,019
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.