-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m new to the FN Mauser game. I never payed any attention to them.
I started a thread in Gun Writers section a couple weeks ago with a bunch of questions.
I want to thank all the members that help me answer them and supplied me with parts needed.
I went with a Redfield rear sight. It looked a little more compact and the screw holes matched perfect. I’m hoping I won’t have to modify the stock to much.
I All so got a Timney trigger, the stock trigger wasn’t going to satisfy me. And wasn’t about to start messing with it to get it to my liking. I did have to file and clean up the hole in the action to get it to work properly.
I have a sportier stock on the way. But there seems to be a delay in delivering my USPS MO.
Damn thing went out on 4/18 and still hasn’t been delivered. I got a signature required so it has a half ass tracking number. Post office says it’s not like a regular tracking number, it will only notify me next when it’s delivered and signed for.
Probably going to cancel it and send another, even though the post office assures me it will be delivered. Thing is it costs $18 to cancel and it won’t be totally cancelled for 7 days. And it could take up to 4 weeks for me to be reimbursed. Total horseshit on they’re part in my mind.
After this I think I’m out of the money order game. Half the time when I receive money orders they don’t even have the money to pay me.
Here’s pics of the Redfield mounted.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I am Returned! smile A quick review of this Thread, largely well covering most all points. But just to add one dimension NOT particularly covered. First just the side note that "Scopes" and "iron: sights are really two differing creatures, with their unique virtues, vices and applications.

Iron sights of two major divisions as "aft" sight either barrel or receiver mounted and we've well discussed nuisances of the perpetually termed "peep sight" genre. What wasn't well covered at all was a greatest virtue of the receiver mounted sight versus aft barrel mounted. "Sighting radius". Really quite important 'leg up' in addition to the other principal "peep sight" advantage of 'framing the target' as the human eye literally allowed to focusing entirely on the muzzle sight.

The aft barrel sight is a rather poor substitute at range, but remains entirely superior for short range "snap shooting" or where such obstacles as brush make it most handy/convenient. Anyway, any receiver mounted sight offers its rather huge advantage of often about twice the sight radius and is notably superior for such capability "within its realm where extra moments in acquiring and retaining "sight picture" are to be afforded.

My take!
Best!
John

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1Longbow, 2500HD, 1minute, 10Glocks, 1moredeer, 204guy, 52 invisible), 1,877 guests, and 1,068 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,893
Posts18,498,013
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.