Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Potsy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
EGW Bushing came in. I got the thick flange (always like the look).
VERY tight in the DW frame. Marginally tighter on the barrel. The slide would pause about 3/16" before going into battery. Well, that ain't gonna help.
Interestingly, it fit my Kimber very well. Tighter than the factory, but let everything move as it should. Might eventually try it and a .2 slide stop just to see if I can shoot the difference.

But I digress......

One thing I noticed (per Montana Man's post), is that on the slide, where it interfaces with the barrel hood tang on the ejector side, that corner, opposite the tang, looks like it has been chewed on. The duty coat is worn off and the metal has been rought up a bit. The spot is small. Just on the corner, but there.

It's obviously not supposed to be doing that. My Kimber shows no such wear after a couple thousand rounds. Would the 'Fire recommend relieving that corner on the barrel hood? It's hitting right there, so that can't be helping with consistent lockup.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did you not measure the slide & the barrel dimensions for the gun that the bushing was intended for & give them to EGW?

They will make the bushing to your dimensions for both OD & ID, if you give them that info.

As to clearance for the barrel hood, take the slide off the gun, remove the recoil spring & guide & put the barrel into place with the lugs of the barrel in place in the slide then check for clearance all around............. .oo5" is good, adjust as needed with a small file.

Then check it with the gun fully assembled; if it doesn't have the same clearance all around when fully assembled & in battery then likely you have other problems.

I used to get Series 70 GC NM barrels which had a narrow tang to fit GC slides, heliarc them up & then fit them to standard slides.

MM

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1234, 12344mag, 219DW, 1OntarioJim, 49 invisible), 2,229 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,134
Posts18,483,931
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.