Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
There are two kinds of cows, hungry cows, and dead cows.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Stuff like this is what makes the forum great. Thanks for sharing.

Ditto, ditto, ditto

Cant get enough these....thx sam.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dude up the road has all sorts of cows, I see milk cows and all different colored ones in his pastures.

Has three or four of these, and I'd likely not test momma to find out if she's friendly

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good stuff - pleasant reality. Thanks.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Do you have a similar relationship with the bulls, assuming you have a bull or two....do the bulls enjoy a gud back rub.....maybe play with their ears....

lol

Yesterday we hauled two of our big old chitheads to town. They are either 4 or 5 year olds and weigh about 2000lbs apiece.

I was a little nervous about getting them on the trailer as we need to do a little corral maintenance. Gated them separately in the trailer(no chance to fight) and the second bull gave us the run around-around for a minute. You don't tell a bull to get on the trailer like you tell a cow.

Sam;
Good evening my friend, I hope all else is going as well as the video encounter went.

Thanks for giving me a fix of spring calves, it's much appreciated.

After something north of 25 years on a branding crew plus doing some other cattle work during the year, it's something I really miss when this time of year rolls around.

My goodness no though Sam, that statement of yours that I highlighted - no, one does not tell a bull much or at least that was my experience.

Their tolerance for pain or at least as much as I could inflict always amazed me, especially if they were on the fight.

Thanks so much again and all the best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Sam, Thanks for sharing.

Watch out for those brockle faced bishes! GRIN

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Crikey, mate!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
My son has a couple cows that when they calf you have to be extra careful being around them. They will lure you in with their good looks then take you in a heartbeat. We have to do the dance with two or three people when you try and tag the calf. You got to be quick so as not to wind up on the receiving end of a headbutt.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Do you have a similar relationship with the bulls, assuming you have a bull or two....do the bulls enjoy a gud back rub.....maybe play with their ears....

lol

Yesterday we hauled two of our big old chitheads to town. They are either 4 or 5 year olds and weigh about 2000lbs apiece.

I was a little nervous about getting them on the trailer as we need to do a little corral maintenance. Gated them separately in the trailer(no chance to fight) and the second bull gave us the run around-around for a minute. You don't tell a bull to get on the trailer like you tell a cow.

We have a guy here that runs a custom feedlot for breeding bulls….. guy feeds like 7500 head of bulls for people from all over the west…. We had a straight deck fats trailer that worked good for hauling those basturds….. had 4 cut gates with slam latches like a gooseneck…. Never had to get in the trailer to shut gates or ramps…. I knew a guy that tried loading a couple bulls in the nose of a regular semi….. one of em turned back on him and ran over him….. lots of busted ribs and a broken leg.

A whole load of bulls was about the most un fuggin pleasant thing I’ve ever hauled…. Even packed like sardines those fuggers will jerk you’re azz around all over the road even in a 3 axle truck 😂

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
👍👍

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sammo, you give a whole new meaning to animal husbandry. smile Enjoyed the video.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Good stuff Sam.
I know a big outfit running angus that a few years ago started a practice of never going near any of the cattle anywhere on the ranch without a bucket of cake in the outfit, which they dispersed.
Now a few years later it’s incredible how docile those cows are, all hand treated, and for moving, gathering, roundup etc they simply run a sxs or truck thru with a bucket of cake in the back and those cows follow like lambs, hand fed and gentle all but the bulls and a few heifers but they learn quick.

I’ve even seen them hand feeding some bulls there.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
220 was keepin a close eye on ya!

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Damn - glad you made it out unscathed.

Hope you warshed your hands before touching your face. I hear that can cause gritty eyes.

🐮

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That was hilarious.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
^^^^^^ SammO ^^^^^^

DAY DRINKIN !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,821
Posts18,477,839
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.