Originally Posted by Enels57
I ended up winning a gun broker auction on a m77 Hawkeye 270 that looks basically brand new for $625. Still has original box and contents so we will see when it comes in.

Now to search for rings and an optic 👌

Appreciate everyone's input here

Nice score. I think you'll be pleased.

The Hawkeye has a more svelte stock than the MKII's. I think that's an improvement. As oldpinecrick stated, it will have the LC6 trigger. While the MKII trigger is not great out of the box, it can be worked to an excellent trigger and is reliable. There were some late MKII's that shipped with the LC6. Hawkeyes early on had a matte finish on the metal that was a little delicate/easy to mar which Ruger then changed to a more durable satin finish. Hopefully, you got the satin finish. MKIIs were polished metal. Other difference is the Hawkeye bottom metal/floorplate is steel with the Ruger bird engraved. MKII's had aluminum floorplates without any engraving, except on the stainless steel MKIIs, which have stainless floorplates sans engraving.

Look forward to you posting a report on your acquisistion and welcome to the campfire.