Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
OK. I lied, sorry, misleading post title. Just read an article in the Wash. Times, only 12% of govt agencies office building space in DC are being utilized. We are paying for heat, maintenance and security to maintain buildings that are ghost towns. Nobody reported back to the office after Covid according to the GSA, the govt's chief landlord. USDA is only occupying 6% of it's office space...GSA itself, 12%..Veterans 10%, hmm.
Makes one wonder about phrases like 'non essential jobs', 'working from home is more productive' (when the private sector discovered the opposite was true). I can't imagine the cost of maintaining empty buildings in the most expensive real estate in the US.
I probably dwell on these things too much on days like today when I mail in my check to IRS.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Government employees mostly are not required to be productive.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Like Dimocraps and Illegal Aliens?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty much. Most are entitled dead beats. Wish Trump would come in and get rid of 75% of the over paid gov jobs

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Javier Milei has cut 15,000 govt jobs in Argentina, turned Argentina off the path to bankruptcy, and promises to cut 70,000 before it's over. Unions and govt drones are going nuts. Hope he has good security.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by flintlocke
OK. I lied, sorry, misleading post title. Just read an article in the Wash. Times, only 12% of govt agencies office building space in DC are being utilized. We are paying for heat, maintenance and security to maintain buildings that are ghost towns. Nobody reported back to the office after Covid according to the GSA, the govt's chief landlord. USDA is only occupying 6% of it's office space...GSA itself, 12%..Veterans 10%, hmm.
Makes one wonder about phrases like 'non essential jobs', 'working from home is more productive' (when the private sector discovered the opposite was true). I can't imagine the cost of maintaining empty buildings in the most expensive real estate in the US.
I probably dwell on these things too much on days like today when I mail in my check to IRS.

My companies gone 85% work from home. We've closed multiple campuses and sold the buildings.

The Government should be doing the same.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Pretty much. Most are entitled dead beats. Wish Trump would come in and get rid of 75% of the over paid gov jobs

And if you want to know the real truth, it's mostly black women.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
They went back to work here.

Can't fill the open positions too.

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Not surprised

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The problem is, they've heaped so much regulation on us that if they got rid of any government employees, those of us that actually produce could never get anything done as we couldn't get the necessary permits and licenses in time.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Calvin
The problem is, they've heaped so much regulation on us that if they got rid of any government employees, those of us that actually produce could never get anything done as we couldn't get the necessary permits and licenses in time.

Even with the amount of “government employees” it’s still tough getting anything in time! I was informed that my TWIC card is 60 days minimum and then however long for the USCG to send me my Merchant Mariners credentials.

Our government is over staffed…over regulated…over burdensome and completely inefficient!….unless you’re a wetback illegally crossing the border!

ETA….my TSA precheck came inside of 2 weeks though. Our son is currently waiting more than 6 weeks for his.

Last edited by AcesNeights; 04/12/24.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The merchant mariner thing is a joke. Email them a document and they can’t get it in the system for 2 weeks.

I just did my 4th renewal. Every time it seems they get worse and worse.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That seems to be the consensus….I have a hell of a lot on my plate for this year so I’m not in a hurry but I have not talked to any salty dogs that had anything good to say about the licensing division of the USCG. It’s a joke that isn’t funny. The actual movers and shakers of the USCG are a different animal altogether but the bureaucracy of these jokers is pathetic. I’m not worried about it since this was just another thing I wanted for myself ever since I was a little kid. I have houses to sell and homes to build and replanting roots so I’ll get it whenever our government gets around to it…🤬

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (160user, 270cowboy, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 67 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,895
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.