Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well...if these people are so stupid and worthless....why not cut all funding and re-home them to your neighborhoods?

You pay the thug to stay in the hood...and you pay the Indian to stay on the rez.

And don't give me that shìt about a "conquered people"....there were contracts.

I am MAGA.
GB4

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by grouseman
Exactly. All they can claim is 'First Immigrant' status.

The only one who could claim "first immigrant" status was the first person to move here. That person is long dead. The people who followed, even thousands of years ago weren't first. The kids of early immigrants were born here (North America), and they were natives. They, too, are all dead. Descendants of people whose ancestors were here 10,000 years are no more native than someone whose ancestors came here only a hundred years ago. If you were born here you are a native.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by Heym06
Having lived around a few reservations for 65 years. I wonder how anything got passed from generation to generation. Drunken elders don't remember from day to day, let alone century to century. But then there's always one or two old ladies, that tell stories of the past, when the dementia slows and anyone will listen. Not one group from, the artic to the tip of south america, even figured out the most important invention of the world, The Wheel.!!!!!!!! The majority of native rolls have as much white, and black as they do native blood. The tribes should be disbanded and the land divided equally among the members. What happens after that is their responsibility... Ymmv
Let me relate a quick story of the "land divided equally among members". Back in the early 50's the members of the Klamath Tribe petitioned the Bureau of Indian Affairs to get title to their land, a huge tract of valuable timber and grazing land from Ft Klamath to Beatty OR. It was accomplished. Party time...they squandered it all, selling to ranches and timber companies. Then, the next generation sued the BIA, saying, you had no right to deed away our tribal lands. BIA settled...bought back most of the lands at a premium (not to worry, it's your money), and turned it back into tribal lands. In the early 70's the Injuns again petitioned BIA to get the land deeded back to enrolled members. Party time, phase II. And now (2021) finally the tribe have reacquired a couple of key pieces of the old Rez. Which you payed for, by the way. I am not pointing my finger at the Injuns so much...I am pointing my middle finger at the Bureau of Indian Affairs. As usual, I ask, Is there ANYTHING the US government can do competently?
I am completely aware of the Klamath Tribes continuing quest, for money from the government. And the history of the Klamath, Modoc, and Yahuskin tribes. Thats why I said disbanded. No tribe no money!! Contracts can be negotiated. I'm not holding my breath. Any interested in a book about the rez sell off, should read, Buy the Chief a Cadillac. It's leaning toward the poor conquered natives, but still a good read. On another note Weyerhaeuser made a killing on the land, I never looked into how they aquired over 80% of the old reservation. I'm sure no politics were involved🤔. Just like no politics were involved in removing the dams. We are watching the Golden Rule in effect. On a side note: Now that power production no longer exists in the area! A proposal to build a new transmission line, through Crook, Deschutes, and Klamath counties, wait for it, because our power needs will exceed capacity in the next ten years. Politics or The Buffet effect?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

55 members (Anaconda, 300_savage, Aero, 3dtestify, 7 invisible), 1,199 guests, and 831 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,139
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.