A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My mother died last year at 104. She got a covid booster and a week later died of a stroke. Related? We'll never know for sure but we're suspicious.
Anyway, she didn't have a single old friend left. She outlived them all. She knew younger ladies (80 and younger) in her church and did things with them but she never really connected with any of them. She lived with my sister for her last 7 years.

My grandmother was 104 when she died as well.

She missed her friends.

When my Dad went at 86, he had outlived all his WWII comrades in arms. He was the last one left. I think he also just got tired of the health problems and being in pain all the time.

Bless him.

Hell of a thing...how we treat our old people.

Work your whole damn life...lose all your friends...get to where you shìt your pants, can't get around, hurt all the time, can't see, can't hear, can't drive or do anything you used to like to do.....and then you get stuffed into an expensive old people warehouse where you get the absolute worst care 10,000 a month can buy you.

We treat our animals better than our elderly. I hope to hell the kids club me if I get that bad.

Or at least allow me to club myself.

Rant over.
That’s a sad reality . Poor countries treat their elderly better than we do. We must do better!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Alwaysindoors this is me, decided to go Hippy for a while. Why do you keep posting pictures of your son and claiming it's me?

Like I said Supfoo, alwaysindoors will never post his picture, I'll bet he is a fat, bald, slob.

Prove me wrong alwaysindoors post your photo, let's see you Peek-A-Poo!

Me at 62 years old.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nice catfish.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Bless him.

Hell of a thing...how we treat our old people.

Work your whole damn life...lose all your friends...get to where you shìt your pants, can't get around, hurt all the time, can't see, can't hear, can't drive or do anything you used to like to do.....and then you get stuffed into an expensive old people warehouse where you get the absolute worst care 10,000 a month can buy you.

We treat our animals better than our elderly. I hope to hell the kids club me if I get that bad.

Or at least allow me to club myself.

Rant over.

Well, at least he's not a boomer, he's got that going for him.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

206 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 280shooter, 14 invisible), 1,647 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,998
Posts18,481,175
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.