Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Completely agree, just an observation.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have a 457 MTR and it shoots very well with SK Standard +.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MikeS
Looks like some guys print out their targets larger than others??? šŸ¤”

The target is supposed to be printed out as Elijah has it in his first video. Afterall, he is the one that makes the rules. He sent emails to all the guys participating in the shoot explaining that he had screwed up.

As per always, I play by the rules, even in fun shoots like this one. The guys that don't print the target as per the rules, are the ones "cheating themselves".

Moral of the story: Get out and shoot, step away from the bullseye x-ring targets. Hitting what you are aiming at is the challenge here, and I've posted HOW 4 or 5 different modified CZ457's shoot, with matchgrade ammo. As per always, there are always guys saying their rifles always shoot .2-.3's, but not many can prove it. This is a fun challenge, you might as well shoot it, if you are at the range anyway..

Regards..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

The target is supposed to be printed out as Elijah has it in his first video. Afterall, he is the one that makes the rules. He sent emails to all the guys participating in the shoot explaining that he had screwed up.

As per always, I play by the rules, even in fun shoots like this one. The guys that don't print the target as per the rules, are the ones "cheating themselves".

Moral of the story: Get out and shoot, step away from the bullseye x-ring targets. Hitting what you are aiming at is the challenge here, and I've posted HOW 4 or 5 different modified CZ457's shoot, with matchgrade ammo. As per always, there are always guys saying their rifles always shoot .2-.3's, but not many can prove it. This is a fun challenge, you might as well shoot it, if you are at the range anyway..

Regards..

Thanks for the clarification. Kudos for stepping away from shooting benched .22 rifles at bullseye pistol targets. šŸ‘

Last edited by MikeS; 04/26/24.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My only 457 is chambered in 22 Magnum. The accuracy hasnā€™t lived up to the hype but 22 Mag isnā€™t known for being a tack driver. Itā€™s a nice old world manufacturing style rifle that I like but accuracy is average for the chambering.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Back in the day I had issues with a very handsome Browning A-Bolt 22 WMR with an over bored barrel that measured .227 (that rifle went right back to Browning for full store credit) and a Marlin 25 MN in 22 WMR that was equally inconsistent in regards to accuracy.

These rifles caused me to reduce my expectations for the chambering even though it really preformed well on varmints. Thus, I only own 22 LR nowadays.

What is a reasonable expectations for a CZ 22 WMR as far as accuracy is concerned??

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Regards..

Thanks for the clarification. Kudos for stepping away from shooting benched .22 rifles at bullseye pistol targets. šŸ‘

Shooting is shooting man. One of these days you will get it.
wink

Funny how, what I shoot at, erks you so much. It would be easy to get into your head at a competition.. ha ha..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
My only 457 is chambered in 22 Magnum. The accuracy hasnā€™t lived up to the hype but 22 Mag isnā€™t known for being a tack driver. Itā€™s a nice old world manufacturing style rifle that I like but accuracy is average for the chambering.

A lot of guys would probably say to get a T bolt in 22wmr. Or even a Mossberg. Those old Chucksters shot exceptionally well.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

A lot of guys would probably say to get a T bolt in 22wmr. Or even a Mossberg. Those old Chucksters shot exceptionally well.

Not Old World or Old School at all, but my Bear Creek side-charger .22 Mag upper ($206 on sale) shots MOA or darn close out to 100 with both Hornady 30gr VMax and 50gr Federal, with drastically different POIs at that range of course. Much more accurate than either the 455 or the 9422M I had, though admittedly with ammo not available then. Downside is it requires a MIL-Spec trigger for reliable function and ignition, though I suppose one of those could be tweaked a bit.

At 50 yards, everything I tried lands pretty much in the same place.

BTW, those 30gr were cracking about 1700 out of a 6.5ā€ Single Six yesterday, much to my surprise!

What fresh Hell is this?
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

The Ruger American 22 mag. I have shoots real well at 100yds, especially with Hornady 30gr.
Don't know if it makes a difference but mine is a 22" barrel.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shooting is shooting man. One of these days you will get it.
wink

Funny how, what I shoot at, erks you so much. It would be easy to get into your head at a competition.. ha ha..

The word you were struggling to utilize is irks.šŸ˜‚

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,652
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.