Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Coyote10
I guarantee you guys that in a few years you'll go in and just buy one. Maybe not California, but I bet that'll happen. I think Texas is fixing to be OTC or maybe already is?
Are you saying Texans won't need to send anything to ATF?

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
I guarantee you guys that in a few years you'll go in and just buy one. Maybe not California, but I bet that'll happen. I think Texas is fixing to be OTC or maybe already is?

Don't quote me, but I believe currently or at least a proposal was that cans manufactured in Texas and that were maintained/kept in Texas had some loop hole introduced to avoid the 200 stamp.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 69sportfury
Don't quote me, but I believe currently or at least a proposal was that cans manufactured in Texas and that were maintained/kept in Texas had some loop hole introduced to avoid the 200 stamp.

Several states have laws like that but none of them have any teeth. The Feds still take the position that a person building a silencer is within their purview to regulate, as is selling it regardless which state anyone involved is in. They will pursue anyone they find doing it without following their requirements and none of the state laws protect against that.

They are largely symbolic, though the state of Texas has sued the ATF over it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
TX is fighting the ATF in court for the Made In Tx Suppressors are not bound by the NFA because if it’s made in TX and stays in TX, there is not interstate commerce so therefore no tax is required. I believe that is the just of it.

Puerto Rico is selling SBRs and Suppressors over the counter because since they are a territory and not a state they are not subject to the NFA tax. They say no taxation without representation! They don’t want to be a state.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by SKane
I'm not sure there's a cadence in how they're processing.

I know plenty of folks that have been waiting 6+ months, some 3 months and the local GS told me last week that everything he sent in on that Monday was approved same-week. crazy

One thing is for sure, once word has gotten out that the wait on approval times shrinking significantly, inventory at your LGS is going to be increasingly limited.

I have a friend who said his application to approval time was less than 10 days. They do seem to be speeding up lately, but I have a hard time believing that.

IC B2

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Mine was approved in 5 days. My brother had his approved in 3 days. Both filed individual.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cluggins

I know plenty of folks that have been waiting 6+ months, some 3 months and the local GS told me last week that everything he sent in on that Monday was approved same-week. crazy

One thing is for sure, once word has gotten out that the wait on approval times shrinking significantly, inventory at your LGS is going to be increasingly limited.

I have a friend who said his application to approval time was less than 10 days. They do seem to be speeding up lately, but I have a hard time believing that.

It's very real.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I sure want to get the Rugged 360 Alaskan Ti this year. It'll handle everything I shoot except .375 Ruger. I'm just looking for a lighter can for hunting and it would be nice to put on my .338-06 down to my light 6mm CM.

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Hudge
Just curious, are any of you getting the quick turnaround doing them in a trust? I’ve heard those not in a trust are taking days to weeks, those in a trust still in the months.

SIlencerShop put a video up the other day saying they are getting trusts back in < 30 days. I saw a credible claim of one getting approved in 20 hours.

Thanks for the information and good to know.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Been waiting on an Alaskan 360 since 3/10/24. No updates yet even though the paperwork on the trust says complete. Hope to get the call any day that it’s ready.

IC B3

G
GTN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've got a Silencer co SCYTHE-TI in jail since late December on a trust. Hoping any day now

D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Cluggins

I had a Sico Sparrow approved in 2 days last month, but the form 3 from Silencer Shop took 3 weeks before they could ship to my FFL and certify!

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, form 3s are currently taking longer than form 4s.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 2,925 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,365
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.