Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 12344mag
This is CanadianLefty in the flesh AKA Scott Neigh. BLM Activist, Gun control advocate, Global Warming activist, All around leftist fuqktard.

Everything one needs to know

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is CanadianLefty in the flesh AKA Scott Neigh. BLM Activist, Gun control advocate, Global Warming activist, All around leftist fuqktard.

Looks like the pile of chit i figured it was

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Lol, I will add that my bullets are not anywhere near as nice looking as DigitalDans, that basturd can make some pretty bullets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3% Sn brother.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why doesn’t the ammo manufacturers sue California to stop the lead ban. Their justification was that lead from bullets was getting into the protected California condors. We have had a number of years without. Lead bullets so tif the ban is justified then the lead levels should be lower! If not then the ban should be lifted.

[Linked Image from ]
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
After watching that video I had 3 thoughts.
Beta male
Cuck
Gay

If he’s not gay, I bet he would hold it til the swelling went down.

Weird someone like that participates here. Or not.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't let that dumfuck sit at my table, let alone entertain him in a discussion that doesn't involve me telling him to shut the F(_)CK up & leave. YMMV

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Q
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Q
The bullet manufacturers have to be salivating at the prospect that almost all the bullets they sold could become illegal. That instant demand right there. Part of the elitist goal is to make shooting and hunting price prohibitive.

PS - the anti-lead crowd killed most competitive shooting events in Switzerland. This “think of the birds” - none of which actually die from lead poisoning, is just the tip of the wedge for using environmental regulations to shut down shooting ranges and further regulate shooting elsewhere.

Last edited by Q_Sertorius; 04/18/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They will have to take my lead with their cold, dead hands.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
If a leftist says it's about the environment you know one thing for sure. It's not about the environment.

Bb

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
laugh crazy

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Back in the sixties bottom feeding ducks were ingesting lead shot and dying. Any avid water fowl hunter saw it first hand. Not much outcry over the lead shot ban.

A year or two ago a game and fish dude from one of the mich. minn. wis. area states called for a ban because lead was killing bald eagles. A lot of Karen support but I don't know if any regs. got done.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Q
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Q
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Back in the sixties bottom feeding ducks were ingesting lead shot and dying. Any avid water fowl hunter saw it first hand. Not much outcry over the lead shot ban.

A year or two ago a game and fish dude from one of the mich. minn. wis. area states called for a ban because lead was killing bald eagles. A lot of Karen support but I don't know if any regs. got done.

Not much outcry? There was tremendous outcry. It took 30 years for that study to result in nationwide action. And with good reason, the original study was highly suspect. If I recall correctly, it studied LIVE birds. And I don't recall ever seeing studies that actually found lead shot in the bellies of dead birds. I believe in the scientific method, but if you haven't been paying attention, the outcome of "scientific studies" has depended on who is paying for the study for at least half a century now (and probably well before that). This isn't a new phenomenon that just sprang up during the pandemic. There isn't real "peer review" now, because it requires the willingness to commit professional suicide to criticize the prevailing orthodoxy.

And you realize that the alternatives are also toxic - just to different organisms? If they succeed in banning lead to save the birds, the next studies will be about how toxic copper is to other organisms. And therefore it will be banned...

And, of course you know that the "other safe alternatives" are regarded as armor piercing?

At the end of the day, hunters have to get it into their heads that what we do is kill animals. And that for a lot of people, it doesn't matter what or how you do it, many of the non-hunting crowd are against it because of that fact. The majority of Americans have lost touch with that part of life. And that applies doubly to your typical suburban or urban Democrat voter. The people who live in their gated communities or high rise condos with private security don't give a [bleep] about "the common person." They see hunters as bloodthirsty rednecks (who are probably also religious zealots) and from such a low class that they would not want to sit next to you on the subway. You are a deplorable to them. They are embarrassed by your very existence. In their world, the only people who are "allowed" to kill animals are members of native tribes, because they have all been brainwashed with noble savage stereotypes.

I would gladly adopt all copper bullets if I didn't see the switch to copper bullets as a way to make all my existing ammunition illegal to use AND a way to dump billions of dollars of profit into the bullet manufacturers' pockets. Even if copper bullets are just as cheap and effective as lead bullets, the demand for them from the millions of shooters will be insane when the switch is made. If you think previous ammo price hikes were bad, standby... If Sierra, Hornady, and Speer want to run an exchange program for all my unloaded lead bullets, then I will gladly switch to copper. But until I see something like that, I will continue to believe that the bullet manufacturers are not only going along with these new trends, but probably actively encouraging them.

Additionally, don't forget that this sort of ban won't just mean that we cannot use the lead ammo to hunt, it will also mean that we probably cannot plink on our own land with it, because some of the lead might end up in the water table or be ingested by birds. Or some similar bullshit justification. And that your local shooting range will be forced to comply with increasingly stringent environmental regulations, which will force prices to go up or make them no longer economically viable. That will make the ordinary target practice that so many of us regard as a requirement for ethical hunting harder and harder to accomplish.

Some of you will say, "I don't care about that, I will shoot anyway." But most people want to be law abiding. Many people cannot afford the risk of not being law abiding.

The people in the Federal government who make policy are usually aware that an immediate and outright attempt to ban something will not work (at least with the current Supreme Court composition), but that they can easily gradually strangle something out of existence. Death by a thousand cuts. And if they can succeed in making it harder and harder to use guns legally and easily, they can get it down to where only a small number of wealthy and "respectable" people can afford to do it. And those people will be heavily regulated, but they will put up with it because they can afford to do that.

The future of gun ownership in America - on the current trajectory - is not an outright ban. It is to make American gun ownership look like European gun ownership. Something open only to well-heeled people who are willing to submit to bureaucratic regulation and interference and who frankly don't mind that the hoi polloi don't get to do what they do. Gun ownership and hunting thus becomes an exclusive club, rather than a pastime available to the common person. Those people will be like the English nobility who kept the peasants from being able to forage in the local woods for game and firewood. And they will be quite happy, because there will be a lot less competition for game.

On the worst form of that trajectory, they can cut gun use and ownership down to shut a small minority that there is no significant opposition to more aggressive measures.

Never mind that something like 70% of the environmental lead comes from small airplanes, which still use leaded gas.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will use what shoots best in my guns. I have some rifles that really like Barnes so that is what I use. Some rifles really like the good old Hornady which is what I use. My muzzleloader is a 54 and it shoots a big hunk of lead.

Y'All do what you want but I will shoot what works best in the gun. Screw the politicians

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Notice the ones who yelp about lead bans are the ones who deserve the lead?

Q
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Q
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Why doesn’t the ammo manufacturers sue California to stop the lead ban. Their justification was that lead from bullets was getting into the protected California condors. We have had a number of years without. Lead bullets so tif the ban is justified then the lead levels should be lower! If not then the ban should be lifted.

The antigun and antihunting crowd don't care that lead levels have remained the same despite the ban. These people don't believe in the scientific method as a means of determining truth. They believe in assembling any "evidence" they can to achieve their end goal. Even if you got someone to publish an honest study, they would drown it in a thousand more that say exactly what they want them to say.

And the ammo manufacturers have to be going along with it, if not supporting it, since it will result in untold profits for them. Do you think Sierra, Hornady, Speer, etc? really care whether the bullets they sell are made of lead or copper? In the short term, they will see enormous profits from the switch. Never mind that in the long run they may price out many future customers.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (69sportfury, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,430 guests, and 868 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,513
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.