Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I’ve got 2 pairs of sawbucks, wish they were full legged, front and back. Sure you’ll like em

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bwinters
Did a little turkey hunting yesterday and ended up walking through the corner of 2 clearcuts. My Sitka Timberlines now have a bunch of fabric snags and my legs look like I had no pants on.

So - what hunting brush pants you guys wearing? I don't want the classic canvas pants - have them. Looking for something that I can wear turkey hunting and scouting.

First lite Sawbuck look interesting and about what I have in mind.

Options and thoughts?

First Lite is local to me. I have a pair of Sawbucks and they're not a bad product, just don't have the fit/design I prefer.
I've worn for years all over the world and can highly recommend Fjallraven Trekking Trousers in their G-1000 material. They have half a dozen or so lines with several design options in each. Kebs or Barents with a set of custom knee high Turtleskin Gaiters are pretty much what live in my travel pack.

Fjallraven G-1000

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have the sawbucks and like them, but the fit is not great. I haven’t purchased the Kuiu yet but they look like an upgrade. I’ll definitely have a pair of them by the fall. When rifle season comes around I will generally be wearing brush pants for most of my hunting.

Another option is 5.11 Stryke pants. I’ve worn them a lot in clear cuts around home as well as to Mexico to hunt Coues deer. Not as heavy as something with a cordura front but they’re damn near indestructible. Finally wore my first pair out after 7-8 years.

Last edited by Scorpion; 04/30/24.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Coyote10
Jeans.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nice looking deer! Jeans are fine but they definitely wouldn’t be my choice for spring turkey hunting when it is hot.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
LIBERTY DUCK CANVAS BIB OVERALS.

DONE.

I LOVE'UM.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Kuiu has some now. Excellent as always.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Years ago I had beagle rabbit dogs. Hunted them often and some of the.places we hunted were mostly sawbriars, green briars, and blackberry thickets. You didn't walk into that without brush pants or you were covered in bleeding scratches. We wore pants that had cordura facing.
The brands back then were Redhead or Duxbak. Different than what is sold under those names now. If I was looking for true brush pants now I would look at a coon hunting supply company.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I have the FL Sawbucks and thus far have been very happy with them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got the KUIU Pro Brush. Almost perfect for what I do, but not quite. I’ve talked to them but doubtful they adjust them. They are like my house and don’t have ballroom. Complicated by having too many seams culminate in same area. Easy for them to adjust but doubtful. Another small item is the extra leg pockets are too deep and allows items to bang off the kneecap, especially uphill. Thirdly, they need to make odd sizes. 32 is snug and 34 falls off in this pant. I’ve got a pair of Kutana arriving today. Will give them a run.

I got the attack and a great pant. Just won’t take any thorns. They snag and pull on brush you don’t even see. They are warm also.

Last edited by 7_08FAN; 05/01/24.

"Mark the birds and handle your Dog"
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Originally Posted by Coyote10
Jeans.

Nice looking deer! Jeans are fine but they definitely wouldn’t be my choice for spring turkey hunting when it is hot.

Understand.
Figure I can work in them when it's 100 degrees......plus I usually just hunt in whatever I got on that day. My typical hunts usually happen while I'm out an about and hardly ever planned. And...camo and these fancy brands are just too dang expensive!

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1Longbow, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,559 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,333
Posts18,487,621
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.