Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
You can drive to Volquartsen NW of DSM. They make performance parts for the 10/22.

That is interesting about Brownells backorder. Did you send a complaint to customer service?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 24HourCampFireGuy50
That is interesting about Brownells backorder. Did you send a complaint to customer service?
I cancelled the backorder and Hogue will be looking into the matter from the other end. I got the impression Hogue was “disappointed.”

Every day’s an adventure.
kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I agree with supporting the small business too kwg. Good luck on your build. I'm hoping it runs very smoothly, accurately and reliably. Good idea on getting kids interested in shooting too, especially teaching them with iron sights. It seems like more and more guys don't know how to use irons. Even pistol guys are going to optics these days!!!!
My wife thinks it's a big deal getting kids involved with shooting but the mothers and father of the grand kids are good with it. Just getting the stars to align and everyone has a day off or an afternoon to get to the range is the biggest hold up.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by kwg020
I agree with supporting the small business too kwg. Good luck on your build. I'm hoping it runs very smoothly, accurately and reliably. Good idea on getting kids interested in shooting too, especially teaching them with iron sights. It seems like more and more guys don't know how to use irons. Even pistol guys are going to optics these days!!!!
My wife thinks it's a big deal getting kids involved with shooting but the mothers and father of the grand kids are good with it. Just getting the stars to align and everyone has a day off or an afternoon to get to the range is the biggest hold up.

kwg

That's life man. Good luck with your build. Seems like you have plenty of time to get it perfected, and make it how you want. One thing I'll say is most times, these 10/22's react very well to proper glass bedding. Or at least all of the ones I've messed with, have responded well to a simple bedding method I use. Exchippy may be right, about his rifles. Some shoot well with a freefloated barrel, and then others shoot better with a supported barrel. You just have to experiment a little.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
kwg020 Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

That's life man. Good luck with your build. Seems like you have plenty of time to get it perfected, and make it how you want. One thing I'll say is most times, these 10/22's react very well to proper glass bedding. Or at least all of the ones I've messed with, have responded well to a simple bedding method I use. Exchippy may be right, about his rifles. Some shoot well with a freefloated barrel, and then others shoot better with a supported barrel. You just have to experiment a little.

My goal is to get the grand kids behind the steel sights before they get spoiled by the scopes. They are getting old so darn fast. 16, 12 and 9. Hell, just last week they were wearing diapers. Where did the time go ??

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (16gage, 160user, 16penny, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1badf350, 49 invisible), 2,921 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,491
Posts18,490,394
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.