Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Reliable and accurate enough you'd be comfortable using it when things go south?

Actually, I like the idea of giving her one of your & then replacing it.

I'd be fine with building a "low cost" rifle, as "low cost" doesn't have to mean either bad or junk...................how fine of accuracy you want mostly depends on the barrel & how much you want to spend there.

But I've gotten top notch SS barrels more for as low as $150 one sale at the right time & they shoot better than good.

Good triggers are plentiful today & so are good quality BCG's at very reasonable prices.

But if I wasn't going to build it, for sure I'd buy something from PSA at the highest price point that you want to spend. Pull the handguard, confirm the torque on the barrel nut & rock on.

Regardless of some here singing the praises & magnificence of BCA & even Radical, I have no intent of ever owning one of those............ever. They fall well below my threshold for a gun I would want to depend on.

We have 3 of the 14.7" PSA pinned & welded uppers with their premium FN barrels & upgraded handguards that we added BCG's to, & they are stone cold reliable, gassed well & more than accurate enough for any intended purpose with a red dot sight.

And they have a configuration in both uppers & lowers to fit any budget.

MM

GB1

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by BMT
Garand thumb says PSA will work.

They ran it hard to 6000

BMT

HARD?? LMAO

they flat out abused that thing pretty much tried to burn it up..
I'd like to have watched them take the rifle down clean it good relubricated and put it back in service and see what the accuracy was like then..

According to the gunsmith in the video, it would have kept running with new gas rings.

I was impressed.

A 450 dollar rifle with 2000 rounds of ammo (1000 to train with and 1000 for bad times) is not a bad way to go

Last edited by BMT; 04/25/24.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Regardless of some here singing the praises & magnificence of BCA & even Radical, I have no intent of ever owning one of those............ever. They fall well below my threshold for a gun I would want to depend on.

My BC 20” is a range toy and maybe varminter, but so far, so good and I don’t see any reason to think it’ll be less reliable than others in its price range. The side-charger design is simpler than a rear-charger, which along with being built in-house should result in some savings. Makes running a larger scope easier as well.

Regardless, partly due to curiosity and definitely for portability and handling, I have a 16” Adams P2 upper on order, purchased at just over half-price. Nothing cheap about it, and it will share the PSA SSA-E lower the BC uses. Both Mrgunsandgear and Honest Outlaw give the P2 a thumbs up. I paid $500, but now the sale price is $600. Should be here within a couple weeks.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 62 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.