Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have no problem with the shooter on a personal level but I'm willing to bet the law will in most locals. Happy outcome as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't be likely to convict him, but ...

You shoot when you are in fear of life or great physical harm. You quit shooting when the attacker quits what he was doing that put you in fear. The attacker had quit attacking several seconds before and although he could still be a threat he wasn't actually advancing on the shooter when he was shot. Even if Chicago has a "stand your ground" law, I doubt they do, the shooter wasn't standing his ground because he left after pulling the trigger. If you believe you are justified don't run away, unless there are more attackers coming after you. When you get somewhere you feel safe call your lawyer and the law to report the incident. Around here you are justified using "equal force". Being punched usually isn't considered a deadly threat but that would be up to the law, the lawyers and the jurors to hash out.

On another note, interesting that some here claimed it happened in a school, some claimed it's been floating around the internet for many years and some claimed it happened in another country. The news clip is from Sept. 3, 2022 in Chicago and states that "it happened Wednesday". Assuming they meant the previous Wednesday that would put it Aug. 31, 2022, not even two years ago yet.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Chisos
Probs is they charged the dude with murder...

Because it is

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Bobmar
The shooter was a victim of a simple assault. He left the building and was out of danger. The assailant (punk ass bitch) didn’t pursue him. The shooter made a bad decision to punish the guy who hit him. Certainly, the fact that he just got punched will mitigate what he did, but he took someone’s life who was not a threat to him at the time. My guess is that he won’t be charged with murder but will likely face manslaughter charges. If he’d gone back in there and beat the hell out of the guy who punched him, we’d all consider that appropriate. But like it or not, this ain’t the old west. Decisions have consequences.

And that, sir, is too bad! The "old west" was actually much more polite, as a rule.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Gangbang Jr. the third punched like a bitch. Maybe if his whore of a mother would have kept a man around that little [bleep] could have learned to throw a punch and John Wayne there wouldn’t have been able to get back up to perforate the stupid twat.

Good riddance. Hope the shooter is living a nice peaceful life.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dave284
I have no problem with the shooter on a personal level but I'm willing to bet the law will in most locals. Happy outcome as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't be likely to convict him, but ...

You shoot when you are in fear of life or great physical harm. You quit shooting when the attacker quits what he was doing that put you in fear. The attacker had quit attacking several seconds before and although he could still be a threat he wasn't actually advancing on the shooter when he was shot. Even if Chicago has a "stand your ground" law, I doubt they do, the shooter wasn't standing his ground because he left after pulling the trigger. If you believe you are justified don't run away, unless there are more attackers coming after you. When you get somewhere you feel safe call your lawyer and the law to report the incident. Around here you are justified using "equal force". Being punched usually isn't considered a deadly threat but that would be up to the law, the lawyers and the jurors to hash out.

On another note, interesting that some here claimed it happened in a school, some claimed it's been floating around the internet for many years and some claimed it happened in another country. The news clip is from Sept. 3, 2022 in Chicago and states that "it happened Wednesday". Assuming they meant the previous Wednesday that would put it Aug. 31, 2022, not even two years ago yet.

I'd love to be on this jury, if there is one.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
It was not the knockout game.

These guys were argueing earlier. Probably over drug territory.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good deal, one in the hole and one in the joint. Fkem both.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by IZH27
The shooter is a coward.

Sucker puncher meet sucker shooter.

No difference in the two. One just had a gun.

Yep.

Shooter ought to be prosecuted.

It’d be different if sucker puncher was still after him but he wasn’t; no imminent danger.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
He suckered the wrong dude. Do you think it was the first time he committed this most cowardly of acts? Do you think it would be the last? I don't. Maybe the next time or two he would have caused death or serious brain damage.

The punk had it coming.

Reminds me of Cooper's 4 stages of awareness. The victim was clearly in condition "White"

MAGA!.

"an armed society is a polite society"
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1936M71, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,655 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,856
Posts18,497,066
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.