Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Ilya, do you know if the 3 to 9 will be available with capped windage and exposed elevation? Or is it all or none?

I do not know if there will be any changes to the 3-9x, but I have not talked to them about the HD models. That's a different OEM and most of the conversation was about the products from the OEM that makes the Classic models.

ILya

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I’m looking forward to the new reticle and zero stop.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Will the new models be used as warranty replacements for the line waiting 2 years now for replacements for the original 6x scopes that crapped out?

Is their warranty poilcy the same as previously (aka- only a certain amount from each shipment coming in are slotted for warranty replacements, and the rest can only be sold)?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by koshkin
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Ilya, do you know if the 3 to 9 will be available with capped windage and exposed elevation? Or is it all or none?

I do not know if there will be any changes to the 3-9x, but I have not talked to them about the HD models. That's a different OEM and most of the conversation was about the products from the OEM that makes the Classic models.

ILya

Gotcha. Appreciate it.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by KenMi
Will the new models be used as warranty replacements for the line waiting 2 years now for replacements for the original 6x scopes that crapped out?

Is their warranty poilcy the same as previously (aka- only a certain amount from each shipment coming in are slotted for warranty replacements, and the rest can only be sold)?

Ken, did you have a 6x crap out on you? What was the issue.

I have more of the 10x but have zero issues with the 10x or 6x, mil quad models on both range and hunting rifles.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by TexasTBag

Ken, did you have a 6x crap out on you? What was the issue.

I have more of the 10x but have zero issues with the 10x or 6x, mil quad models on both range and hunting rifles.

Not Ken - but had a 6x lose the windage turret last year, either sheared at the base or more likely - was cross threaded at installation.

Mine was sealed, held purge, and spent several years in my use and possession before opening the soft case one day to find the turret separated from the scope body.

Frankly - I could have bumped it, or banged it against a hard object, no way to tell.

The threads in the scope body ldid look "buggered" (technical term) and the turret would not thread back on.

SWFA took it back, issued a new scope credit price to my account and said I can leave it in the account, or wait to use it towards purchasing a new scope.

The staff was upfront that the 6x replacement would be a while before becoming available.

I owned and used at least one of their scope over the last ten or more years - this is only issue I've had - and I could have been the cause.

YMMV

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

I do not have any insight into their warranty processes.

ILya

1 member likes this: Al_Nyhus
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I wouldn't hold my breath.......

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
It never has been a very well run business.

There have been some management changes in that regard and I expect it to be more consistent in terms of supply, deliveries, support, etc. The company re-organized itself in a way that keeps their focus on their own optics. I think it is a good thing for the SWFA SS brand. A couple people I have known there for years are still there and they have more decision power now than before. That's a good thing too.

They have a good plan for their entire product line and the ability to execute it.

ILya

1 member likes this: Darryle
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

There have been some management changes in that regard and I expect it to be more consistent in terms of supply, deliveries, support, etc. The company re-organized itself in a way that keeps their focus on their own optics. I think it is a good thing for the SWFA SS brand. A couple people I have known there for years are still there and they have more decision power now than before. That's a good thing too.

They have a good plan for their entire product line and the ability to execute it.

ILya

Sounds like you think things are improving at SWFA. That's good to hear.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by bowmanh

ILya

Sounds like you think things are improving at SWFA. That's good to hear.

I think so, but the proof is in the pudding. Next few months will be very telling.

ILya

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I have used SWFA scopes for years. I love the fixed 20 on a rimfire. They have always been up front with me on delivery times and warrantee. The only issue I had was clearly my fault and they handled it any way. Most complaints I here are about availability. I do not know how they could ship what they do not have. Again email or on the phone they have been first rate. I wish them continued success.

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Professional Victims will always find reason(s) to whine. Hint.

There’s “only” a coupla hunnert of said scopes in my tiny neighborhood. All are anticipating the new wares. Hint.

Just sayin’………..

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
1 member likes this: Buckshot5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looking forward to the 6x with the new reticle

John Stark.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Looking forward to the 6x with the new reticle

The 6x will not have the new tree reticle. It will have the original Mil-quad designs in mrad or MOA. It will have the new turrets and zero stop.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
🤔

That’s an oversight on their part.

John Stark.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by David_Walter
🤔

That’s an oversight on their part.

The tree reticle design they have is better suited for the higher power models.

For the fixed 6x, it would have to be a different type of a tree. I have some ideas on what would work, so if there is enough interest I can try to convince them.

1 member likes this: Buckshot5
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Personally, in the 6x, I'd prefer the current milquad reticle to a tree for my use. Just my preference. The 10x, and possibly the 3-9, I might prefer the tree. The zero stop is a BIG plus for my use in all their models. The option to cap windage is a pro, though I'd prefer the turret be low profile...it's still a pro.

We whine about not SWFA not having the scopes in stock. It's an irritation for us that we can't get something we want. For SWFA, they can't get what they need to produce income. I'm sure it's a much bigger issue for them to not get their hands on something they make their living by. As much as we "want" the scope, they "need" the scopes, and likely have a much stronger desire to get them in stock than we do. They are at the mercy of their supplier. I won't whine to much about it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
We whine about not SWFA not having the scopes in stock. It's an irritation for us that we can't get something we want. For SWFA, they can't get what they need to produce income. I'm sure it's a much bigger issue for them to not get their hands on something they make their living by. As much as we "want" the scope, they "need" the scopes, and likely have a much stronger desire to get them in stock than we do. They are at the mercy of their supplier. I won't whine to much about it.

Yup. Hope they get it together before they get hurt too badly.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thank you Koshkin for filling us in on what has happened and what is coming.

I have 11 SWFA scopes all of them are FIXED 12X's mil quad....I really like them.

I may soon get my first fixed 10X to put on a 7mm-08.

Best
HeavyDove

Last edited by HeavyDove; 05/06/24.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (16penny, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 160user, 163bc, 52 invisible), 1,887 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,869
Posts18,497,528
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.