Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
I much prefer threads that Evolve vs. DEvolve. Thanks for good information.

I haven’t played in real cold temperatures for a while but I’d like to comment on revolver reliability. I learned the hard way when I hip carried a S&W out riding ATVs - I hit just a bit of dust/dirt in it and it froze up. I had to disassemble and clean it. Not a lot of fun. For that reason, I bought a Ruger Redhawk when I was in AK. Far fewer moving (delicate) pieces gave me better reliability.

And as far as lube goes, I would turn to very thin synthetic. Another AK lesson learned.

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Two weeks into a three week canoe trip 25 years ago (Noatak River) my buddy and I both had grit lock up our Blackhawks. Easier to fix than removing a side plate, but still vexing. Since, I've continued to carry Blackhawks (and a few Smiths) for fun, but if at all serious it's either a plastic bottom feeder or a Ruger DA. If I should wash up on a gravel bar with every orifice packed I can toollessly break down either and flush. Currently alternate between an HK45 and a 4" Service Six, both with Lost River ammo.

Alan
1 member likes this: Mackay_Sagebrush
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I've had my XD-40 for about 20 years. That thing has been on my hip for miles and miles of hiking and hunting in Arizona. I have put down several wounded deer, killed coyotes, rabbits, even a bobcat with it. It gets carried far more than it gets shot, but never fails to answer the call when I do squeeze the trigger.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
If those times are from a draw, you've got Miculek beat. That's smoking fast. What distance?

I have shot at a match or two that Miculek was at, and trust me, we are not in the same league. I am not sure he is even human. A lot of guys can shoot as fast (and much faster) than I can. Jerry Miculek can run a double action revolver trigger at speeds that should not be possible. Plus he can run a semi auto like nobody's business too.

I don't even rate anywhere close. My DA revolver six shot speeds are substantially slower as compared to my semi auto speeds. While I have no issue using one for defense, it takes a LOT more concentration/focus to do so, and it is simply easier to get fast and accurate hits (for me) with a 1911 or a Glock.

But between the 1911 and the Glock, I find the Glock to be a better outdoors tool for austere environments where the elements may play a factor. Plus they are lighter, require less maintenance and carry a lot more ammo. I still carry a 1911 frequently in the woods, and especially when it may be a trip that is combined with going into town (such as to dinner) as the 1911 conceals better for me than a big Glock 21 .45.

It simply depends on what I am doing. Tools in a toolbox.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

2 members like this: AZtwins, desertoakie
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Akshooter, 54 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,816
Posts18,496,463
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.