I also have some red bag/black winchester..22-250..its ok. But I also have some in the blue bags and it is far better.

PPU, if memory serves, is made on old Lapua machinery. Yes, it is heavy as was mentioned earlier, so you will reach pressure sooner. I have some PPU 270 win and I was easily seeing pressure signs before domestic brass. But another caveat is that PPU is strong and lasts a long time.

Most of the stuff I have that started several rifles was range pickup brass. The PPU is some of that and its very good stuff to use just work up slowly as we all should. If it were me I would buy the PPU. Its good brass.

7mm Remington Magnum brass, I would do as was suggested if you have none and that is buy some factory loaded then have some fun and save it. Federal would get my vote. Loaded in the mid range and candle anneal the necks and it will last a good while. If its just for hunting get what you can and using careful reloading practices at the press will make it last. If you know it will get lost in the grass / undergrowth then don't spend the money on expensive ADG and the like if its going to get lost on the first or even third outing. That is just wasted money.

Best
HeavyDove.

Last edited by HeavyDove; 05/08/24.