Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by pal
Aren't all you fear mongers even a little bit ashamed of yourselves? Some of you have never even been there--or not for decades.
Is this a joke or maybe you are?

I was there last April. Walked across the border in Otay Mesa, drove down through TJ to Rosarito in an armored van. Walked back across later that day.

I'd never go back again. Maybe that experience isn't recent enough but the people that live/work there, built the plant I was visiting saw fit that they required the armored car for movement through the area and the live there every day - why would I be so arrogant as to argue with them about the situation in their own yard/city?

Indeed. If that's what the local people think of the place, why would anyone think any different. Fool to do so.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
We used to slip across the border back in my rodeo days when we were down that way. Had to pay a few bribes and be careful not to drink too much. The dark eyed ladies were to tempting to resist back then. I wouldn't go there now for any reason.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Lslite
We used to slip across the border back in my rodeo days when we were down that way. Had to pay a few bribes and be careful not to drink too much. The dark eyed ladies were to tempting to resist back then. I wouldn't go there now for any reason.
Same, my younger brother got arrested for fighting in Matamoras back in 89, cost us 3000 to get him out.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thread title could be "Tire shopping in Mexico"

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My.little brothers friend died unexpectedly in Mexico on vacation a couple of years ago. He was in his 40s and his heart stopped probably relayed to the covid Vax. It cost his wife over $100,000 to get his body out of Mexico.

I often have to remind my wife I'll never go to Mexico again. Not even a cruise stop. Id much rather go to costa rica.

We spent about 10 days in Playa del Carmen a dozen years ago. I never felt safe their and was threatened by corrupt cops after not wanting to pay for 80 liters of fuel in a car that only held 42. A nice Mexican guy pulled me aside and told me to pay it and get the hell out of there quick because I was too white and those guys would love to just kill me. I asked the gas clerks or the cops and he said everyone.

Bb
Costa Rica isn’t all that safe either. Guy I worked with liked to go down to party with the prostitutes. He was warned not to wear any gold but did anyway because he’d been ther a dozen times and got away with it. He was robbed and stabbed with two police officers across the street watching. Then the police charged him for assault on the robbers and shook him down for another $5000 to drop the charges and let him leave the country.

5k seems to be the number down there, buddy used to go 2-3 times a year bird hunting, whitewings, quail, ducks. I bet he went 10 years straight at least. One of the last times, he was thrown in jail after crossing the border along with some others for "smuggling guns". Owner of the guide service got them out for 5k but they missed their first day of the hunting trip. Shake down were real, saw guides always passing money, and he's had more than a few shake downs on the field where supposed policia would have them all line up while pointing machines guns at them until they were paid off. He hates its gotten so bad, he would still be going if it was safer.

While working in a gunshop, had a customer come in tell us about his recent trip down there. Guy even started crying telling us about it. They were robbed and stripped of everything on their hunt, left in the field naked. He swore they were going to be killed.

Last edited by killerv; 05/06/24.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
When you have weak and feckless POTUS, these banana republics will do as they please with American citizens. Trump would crush them like bugs on a windshield and have none of that. That kind of behavior will stop immediately when he is elected to second term.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wells and old mine shafts make great disposal sites. Mexico is full of them.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Judman
Horrible place!!! Shiity coues deer, the fishing sucks, everyone wants to rob or kill you, stay home, don’t support the drug cartels!!!

The thumb hath spoken. Mexico is the safest place on earth.

Keep sucking your thumb begging for momma and crying. It’s a scary place!!!😅

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by pal
Aren't all you fear mongers even a little bit ashamed of yourselves? Some of you have never even been there--or not for decades.

I was there last April. Walked across the border in Otay Mesa, drove down through TJ to Rosarito in an armored van. Walked back across later that day.

I'd never go back again. Maybe that experience isn't recent enough but the people that live/work there, built the plant I was visiting saw fit that they required the armored car for movement through the area and the live there every day - why would I be so arrogant as to argue with them about the situation in their own yard/city?

Is there anything you don’t comment on or not ascairt of?? Fuuck man stop being a biitch and riding the Alaskan cow tails. No, I don’t have a “punisher” sticker in my back window…

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hey bitches, don’t drive, Americans love texting and drinking and driving. Good god you fuucking crybabies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pal

Is there anything you don’t comment on or not ascairt of?? Fuuck man stop being a biitch and riding the Alaskan cow tails. No, I don’t have a “punisher” sticker in my back window…

You apparently have me confused with someone else. Got no interest in returning to Mexico. Not because I'm scared but because I have no interest in Mexico. If I'm going to travel, I'd like to go back to E Europe, Japan or see the Isle of Mann TT this time. Preferences aren't insecurities or fears.

Note - I didn't go to a resort, wasn't talking about how great Mexico is from a gated community like the "we love Cabo cuz the drinks are great" crowd.

Tijuana is a chithole. You might like walking around an open 250 square mile outhouse, not me. Nothing to do with fear, everything to do with "I don't want to". Locals feel it's unsafe, I was the guest of a local company (sorta) so when in Rome you do as the Romans do. Simply commented on my experiences as recent as 13 months ago.

Me

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Horrible place!!! Shiity coues deer, the fishing sucks, everyone wants to rob or kill you, stay home, don’t support the drug cartels!!!

The thumb hath spoken. Mexico is the safest place on earth.

Keep sucking your thumb begging for momma and crying. It’s a scary place!!!😅

No see, you look like a thumb. That's the joke. Oh and mexico is a shìthole, but everyone already knew that...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I went surfing in Mexico. My buddy and I drove down from Georgia, we went to the Pacific coast, way south of where this story happened, great surfing down there. This was 1978. There are little campgrounds all along the coast where 20 or 30 Gringos camp out, and went fishing and surfing. Staying in those campgrounds, and talking to all those Gringos, we never heard any stories of anybody getting harmed by the drug cartels.

The biggest problem was Mexican cops, called Federales, shaking down the Gringos for a bribe for some supposed infraction. And we did shell out a ten dollar bill on more than one occasion, to a Mexican cop.

Back in 1986, '88 and '93 we went down to the other side of Mexico, the Caribbean coast near Isla Mujeres, had a great time, we went skin diving in the crystal waters of the Caribbean, we climbed the fantastic Maya pyramid at Chichen Itza, never had any problems with Mex cops, never heard of any problem with the drug cartels. I really enjoyed all those trips to Mexico.

In the past 30 years, times have changed south of the border, the Cartels are murdering people all over the country, I wouldn't go back to Mexico if you paid me.

Sad loss. The movie 8 Miles High depicted Cabo San Lucas in its pure beach heaven days. Uschi Obermaier!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pal

You apparently have me confused with someone else. Got no interest in returning to Mexico. Not because I'm scared but because I have no interest in Mexico. If I'm going to travel, I'd like to go back to E Europe, Japan or see the Isle of Mann TT this time. Preferences aren't insecurities or fears.

Note - I didn't go to a resort, wasn't talking about how great Mexico is from a gated community like the "we love Cabo cuz the drinks are great" crowd.

Tijuana is a chithole. You might like walking around an open 250 square mile outhouse, not me. Nothing to do with fear, everything to do with "I don't want to". Locals feel it's unsafe, I was the guest of a local company (sorta) so when in Rome you do as the Romans do. Simply commented on my experiences as recent as 13 months ago.

Teal, Pay no attention to a clown that's just trying to be seen. MX is now not worthy of your time or money. If the locals are telling you it's a schithole, it's probably a schithole. As far as I can see, i've been to MX more than anybody else on this board and I have no desire to go back. Got nothing to do with fear. I was going there for years when everybody, including our own govt, was saying don't go. Go where you are wanted and appreciated.

I'm with you on seeing more of Eastern Europe. I've been as far as Czech Republic, Austria, Germany, Greece, Italy. I'd like to visit Hungary, possibly Poland, and others east.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 21 invisible), 14,571 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,985
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.