-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As long as those liberal States like Iowa continue to have a overly significant say in our election process, things will remain static.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
With Dimocraps in control, static is downhill. You think folks like nwa give a crap if we are $50 trillion in debt. They don't have the mental capacity to contemplate the fact we spend over $4 billion per week to pay the interest. They think interest is what you pay to a game,

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by ltppowell
As long as those liberal States like Iowa continue to have a overly significant say in our election process, things will remain static.

Yeah, it isn't like the "conservative" Republican Party "accidently" gave the Caucus to Romney....

Seems to me "conservative Republicans" had a hard time with the democratic process and didn't like who actually tallied more votes.

Republicans hate Tea Party people more than the Democrats do, especially in liberal Iowa.....

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I said all that crap not just some.

You want to win the presidency, pick a more conservative plus personally appealing GOP candidate not a liberal from the GOP.

Kent

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The election will be decided by middle-of-the-road (read: moderate) dems and independents. They are not suddenly going to turn "hard right" and vote inconsistent with their historic political leanings to elect a hard right conservative. Therefore, what we should strive to nominate is the most conservative, electable candidate we can find---one with a record of governing prudently and conservatively.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by RobJordan
The election will be decided by middle-of-the-road (read: moderate) dems and independents. They are not suddenly going to turn "hard right" and vote inconsistent with their historic political leanings to elect a hard right conservative. Therefore, what we should strive to nominate is the most conservative, electable candidate we can find---one with a record of governing prudently and conservatively.

That's the William F. Buckley approach....I agree but who, exactly, is that going to be this time around? confused cry

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
I said all that crap not just some.

You want to win the presidency, pick a more conservative plus personally appealing GOP candidate not a liberal from the GOP.

Kent

I agree.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RobJordan

That is true, as long as conservatives continue to not show up to vote, which they won't if an "electable candidate" that is attractive to "middle-of-the-road (read: moderate) dems and independents", like Romney, is nominated.

How many times do you guys have to make the same mistake before you realize it's stupid, or are you throwing the elections on purpose?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
If we have a moderate the real conservatives won't vote and if we run a real conservative the moderates won't vote.

Dimocraps win because for the most part they all vote for their man.

I think it was Herman Cain who said we have to vote like democrats. We have to vote for the best conservative, but we have to vote. We are in the shape we are in because many didnt do their patriotic duty and vote for the best they could.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is a lie, propagated by the left, that moderates will not vote for a conservative. It is a fact, that conservatives will not vote for a liberal. The numbers and results don't lie.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not a bad idea to replace the panty waste in chief with Obama lite. The American citizins would not have to suffer the shock of dealing with a president who has the best ideas for the protection of the U.S. and really cares about the nation.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It is a lie, propagated by the left, that moderates will not vote for a conservative. It is a fact, that conservatives will not vote for a liberal. The numbers and results don't lie.

Exactly

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
no one gets elected without the moderate vote

the problem is liberals are more forgiving of a democrat catering to the middle than conservatives are of a republican.

Romney had to go hardcore evangelical war hawk conservative to get the nomination - and had to constantly reinforce it during every primary - thus turning off moderates as he fought successive campaigns against Cain, Bachman, and Santorum

and then when he admitted with the nomination it was time for him to move back toward the middle, his base went apeshit.

Had he won the nomination early and had the full support of the base, he could have worked the middle early on as opposed to the last few months of the campaign.

I doubt it would have mattered though.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/24/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by eyeball
Yesterday Glenn Beck said Romney would be a great president. I wasn't expecting to hear that.
Religion shouldn't be a factor but they're both Mormons. I wouldn't expect Beck to say anything else.

"Dingy Harry" is Mormon...

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA

The Republican candidate gets the "moderate" Republican vote...always. Romney GOT the moderate vote. He did not get the conservative vote. What is so damn hard to understand about that?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Exactly

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It is a lie, propagated by the left, that moderates will not vote for a conservative.
Absolutely. Reagan was painted to the moderates by the MSM as the most extreme sort of conservative, yet they voted for him in droves.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The Republican candidate gets the "moderate" Republican vote...always. Romney GOT the moderate vote. He did not get the conservative vote. What is so damn hard to understand about that?

and then when he admitted with the nomination it was time for him to move back toward the middle, his base went apeshit.

nothing

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

nothing

And after the vote, the white house went ape chitt - again.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (afisher, 12344mag, 6mmbrfan, 257 roberts, 21, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,875 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,085
Posts18,501,701
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.