Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We all know that in our 2 party system the loser will still get better than 40% of the vote in any scenario. We all know that the wishy washy 20% in the middle swing elections one way or another. These "Independents" are motivated by various causes and emotions, and went big for Obama in '08, but probably not this year.

"I'm a registered Independent. Some say I'm too soft to pick a side and stick to it, but I'm really just smart enough to pick the best candidates and I can ignore the Party politics.

"In '08, I was disappointed in how the world viewed America. It bothered me that other countries did not hold us in high esteem. We are a great country, and I think it is really important for the rest of the world to see us that way. The world hated Bush because of Iraq. Obama made me think another President with a World view would be welcomed. His pre-election trip to Europe was a huge success, I was sure that Obama would bring better relations with everyone. It didn't, I realize the World still hates us, and Obama didn't change that."

"In '08 I had the opportunity to do create a super first of its kind - the first African American President. This was a symbol to the world that we have overcome our racist past, and that our country has evolved and moved beyond slamming a candidate just on skin color. I thought Obama was just the guy to hold up to the world as a symbol of our collective enlightenment. Now it has been done. No prize in re-ecting him. I have proven to the World I am not racist. I can always say I voted for Obama, once."

"In '08, I was restless. We had 8 years of Bush, Cheney, and the GOP. Even though they were no longer running, I just wanted to see something else, give the other Party a chance. I did, and am not impressed."

In '08, I was looking for someone new, someone outside of DC politics. I didn't want Hillary and I didn't want McCain. Obama was the one. He even spoke my language - "Change"! That's really what I wanted was a change from all that usual political bickering and dirty deals. Instead, I got more of the same."

"Obama said he was going to be transparent with his administration. There has been more secrecy with Obama than anyone since Nixon."

"Obama was going to be bipartisan. I was counting on that. No more political arguing. Work with each other. I liked that idea. Do good for America and work together. Instead, I got a record number of Executive Orders."

"Lastly, there was so much enthusiasm surrounding Obama, it made you feel good about your country and about yourself. That is gone now."

"Upon review, all the factors that push me to vote for Obama are no longer a force in my decision making, and therefore I'm not very likely to pick Obama again."

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Fine and dandy, but will they be smart enough to vote for the only sensible choice? The only one that has a chance to effect change?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
He was a community organizer....how can anybody think he was fit to run this fine country? We need to stop the dumbing down of America.

"Not everything you read on the internet is true." Abraham Lincoln.
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Look at what the Independent was really saying. It was all about how Obama made him feel. that Hope/Change BS fed into this. Obama was the feel good choice. Those good feelings are gone. His vote is in play, and unlikely to go back to O.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,574 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,462
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.