Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I am having an annoying problem on this board, and only on this board.

If I open Hunter's Campfire, it opens to today's threads.. If I read a thread, then hit the "back" button, it takes me back to the threads of two or three days ago. . Then, if I want to go back to the today's page, I have to hit "refresh". This only occurs on this board, no other boards are affected. Any ideas? Thanks.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ongoing problem.

This site is plagued with it.

You will be told that you have to load this program, or that program, and use this browser, or that browser, and hold you mouth just right or it won't work.

Even though many readily admit that this site is the only one that causes them that list of problems, they will vilify what YOU are doing and using, and tell you how to fix it... wink

The root cause of the problem is still not addressed.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
at least it's not a problem I have ever had here. smile

Sam......

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Using Chrome here - never have had that problem..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Ongoing problem.

You will be told that you have to load this program, or that program, and use this browser, or that browser, and hold you mouth just right or it won't work.

Even though many readily admit that this site is the only one that causes them that list of problems, they will vilify what YOU are doing and using, and tell you how to fix it... wink

Thanks, didn't take that long to proven. eek

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jnyork
Ongoing problem.

Like thats a bad thing? As was said, these problems that plague this site arent new. Neither are the fixes. So, either you didnt know there are problems, in which case recommended fix would apply, or you knew about them and bitch for the sake of bitching?

jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by jnyork
Ongoing problem.

Like thats a bad thing? As was said, these problems that plague this site arent new. Neither are the fixes. So, either you didnt know there are problems, in which case recommended fix would apply, or you knew about them and bitch for the sake of bitching?

I ASKED for anyone knowing how to fix it to tell me, all I get is some dipshitt making snide remarks. Chuck you, Farley.

Last edited by jnyork; 07/22/14.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Easy answer, YOU cant fix it, considering you cant search for "computer help" and find the answer posted a million times.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are threads on the search function, too..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Several issue with this site and only this site. While some of the fixes do away with the problem, my ability to participate is affected as well. The site itself seems fine, so it think it's related to some of the advertising.

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One interesting "Fix" is that we have to use Ad Blocker Plus. Which I have to use to navigate this site.

It does away with the ads that advertisers want us to see...

Think about that for a min. .... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Instead of using the back button, try using the "hop to" button at the bottom of the page

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Think about that for a min. .... wink

I did. I want to control what ads show on my computer, not allow others to do so.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Since some people have NO problems here, it HAS to be the device and/or software the user has.

Desktop
Laptop
Tablet
Kindle
Phone (and brand and software)

not all devices are equal.

HOW people access the forum is an important part of problem ID, IMO. but I'll leave that to the geeks. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't have a problem with my browser's back button.

Ad services rent space to show ads on the Campfire. I believe, don't know for sure, the problem arises from javascript embedded in the ads to do flashy things. Sometimes, if poorly or nastily written (not necessarily malicious) they generate bad side effects. Is possible to filter at the server but getting it perfect is a lot to ask of Rick on a free site, he's got other things he needs to do.

I took to blocking Java scripts and JavaScript (they are different) and Flash long ago on all sites and granting permission when I want it to run. This is good Internet security particularly when you visit sites that you don't know are safe. Mild nuisance having to grant permissions though if you don't give a site permanent permission.

In my case NoScript and Adblock Plus (belt and suspenders to some degree) on Firefox. Haven't had to deal with other browsers.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (257 roberts, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 2500HD, 68 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,131
Posts18,502,620
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.