Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Military degradation of this little scheme shouldn't be too tough.

Most of those tankers are leased. Just sink one of them and the leasing companies will reconsider their clientele.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Sounds a lot like the way FDR allowed nationalist forces in Spanish Civil War, to purchase fuel from Standard oil, but refused shipment from smaller companies under neutrality act to the Loyalist forces.

It's all about the money.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The black market oil that the Islamic State (ISIS) is moving north into Turkey is a very small drop in the world market. But it is enough to fund much of their revolution.
ISIS could care less about oil tankers.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Every crude oil has some unique things about it depending on the region and even in particular the area it comes from. How about this idea why not test oil tankers for Isis oil. If found the entire oil tanker and it's oil is seized

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
How about we help the Kurds get rid of ISIS?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
If there is an efficient way of laundering money, I'm sure the countries that fund groups like ISIS are waaaaaay ahead of the curve.

I don't think defectors from Minneapolis high schools are selling 55 gallon drums of crude oil on the street corner like cartons of cigarettes.

Travis

Ummm......crude oil "barrels" are 42 gallons......and they're on nearly every street corner in Minnie's Apples I hear! (Selling like powder milk hotcakes too I'd bet.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by fish head

That brings up some more questions ... and no offense. None taken

If, and I say if, ISIS is in control of pumping stations and refineries who is operating them? Most likely the same oflks who were operating them before. Work or die would be my guess.

What control do the oil companies still have? None

Has ISIS turned the employees into slave labor? Slave labor? Probably not in the traditional sense, more like coerced labor.

Again, none of this makes sense. I can't imagine that anyone would have remained at the facilities if they knew ISIS was approaching. I would have abandoned ship, got in a vehicle, and hauled azz to get as far away as I could. That is certainly the logical scenario, but those folks live there and probably believed that they were safe because of what they do. They are far more valuable to ISIS alive than dead.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Military degradation of this little scheme shouldn't be too tough.

Most of those tankers are leased. Just sink one of them and the leasing companies will reconsider their clientele.

There are enough small "gypsy" tankers out there to move the oil and they are independently owned, not by any of the big oil companies. They don't care where the oil comes from, who it goes to, or any other details such as "sanctions". Their politics is money, plain and simple.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Fishhead, keep in mind ISIS is not effectively a Sovereign State in the area's it controls.....except, unlike here, they don't have any jails, just mass graves for those who don't obey.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Every crude oil has some unique things about it depending on the region and even in particular the area it comes from. How about this idea why not test oil tankers for Isis oil. If found the entire oil tanker and it's oil is seized

This only matters if the receiving party GAS about the political situation, which China and a lot of third world countries don't.

Take a look at this Wikipedia link to the "Oil and Gas Journal" list of refineries in the world and see how many you can count that wouldn't grab cheap oil at the drop of a hat; LINK

Ed

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Fishhead, keep in mind ISIS is not effectively a Sovereign State in the area's it controls.....except, unlike here, they don't have any jails, just mass graves for those who don't obey.

This. Although I see "O" and company recognizing ISIS as a Sovereign State in the near future to "negotiate" with them. sick

Ed

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

This. Although I see "O" and company recognizing ISIS as a Sovereign State in the near future to "negotiate" with them. sick

Ed

Syrian Government may soon fall. Oobie won't even have to recognize ISIS, just "Greater Syria".

On the positive side, this can suck all the Islamofashist into a single sovereign state. One we can have a proper declares war with (under a different non-marxist president) AND KILL THEM ALL, AND THEIR PET GOATS.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,818 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,385
Posts18,469,625
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.