Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

That's an old link. Ari Fleisher was W's spokesman. I enjoyed my year in Turkey and drank many Efes beers with both Turks and Kurds. I would not be surprised to see a coup in Turkey within the next few years. The military has traditionally fought to defend the secular constitution.

Who is John Galt?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
turdkey is another 3rd world mooselimb chithole that can GFT-HARD!!!!!

Trump Won!
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
We should quit importing their shotguns.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
And their walnut.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some nice firearms for the money have been coming out of Turkey, I hope that continues.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Turkey refuses to play nice?

Really trying to GAF but it ain't working. My take, they are part of current problems, not the solution.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Democracy never seems to work in Muzzy countries. The popular vote seems to bring out the Islamists. A strong man or military run govt seems to the only path to a secular type leadership.

The libs in the U.S. always want to dump "dictators". Jimmah Carter got rid of the Shah of Iran. How has that worked out. Then, on down the line, country by country until we have our current mess. Meddling can have serious consequences, but we don't seem to learn from history. So, we have to keep repeating past mistakes.

If I can see that, what's going on in D. C.?

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Dirtfarmer, your post sounds like an abbreviated version of President Putin's letter to the U.S. run in the NY Times some months back. I wish our political leadership understood as well as Putin what we're up against. My opnion is that we are threatened by brutal killers, and we had best acknowledge that and act accordingly. There will be no peaceful co-existence.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have a idea of something we could do right away. Kind of like when we invaded Haiti under Pres. Clinton.He ordered that only female pilots be utilized in support of the troops, against the valiant Haitian military. We now have a substantial number of soldiers that were allowed into the Army as a social experiment to prove their worth and also, it was said to be a civil wrong to deny them the opportunity to serve. Well, that said, let them lead this battle with radical islam as our frontline forces when we decide that we in fact must have "boots on the ground".

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by mrfudd

That's an old link. Ari Fleisher was W's spokesman. I enjoyed my year in Turkey and drank many Efes beers with both Turks and Kurds. I would not be surprised to see a coup in Turkey within the next few years. The military has traditionally fought to defend the secular constitution.

See above, the Turkish generals have not hesitated to step in to defend the secular constitution and the reforms that Ataturk put in place back in the 20's and 30's.

The current government has tried to reign in the military and has arrested or smeared many of the senior leadership, as they are worried about the military being done with the current experiment.

A cold Efes would go great with lunch.

SC

Semper Fi
IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
But, our current administration is against the old hard liner generals and caters to the Muzzie leadership. I still think going with the Kurds will send a chill up the spine of Turkish officials.

I agree with Hastings on Putin. I'm not a fan of that old KGB fox, but do respect the fact that he does have cajones, which are seriously lacking in D.C. And, regarding his NY Times letter to the U.S., he's right...

DF

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 160user, 204guy, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,794 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,506
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.