Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Esox357
Luv2safari,

Go see a good Orthopedic Surgeon and get the cuff fixed!

I'm getting cut Nov 10 by a doc who is an orthopedic surgeon for the US Ski Team, Dr. Cummings in Carson City NV. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
safariman,

Just curious. Does Washington sell non-resident deer tags over the counter?

They do! And you are invited as well. IIRC license and tags are about $300 or so for a non resident. Year before last we smacked a 29 and a 30 inch buck on opening weekend, mine on Saturday and my buddys B&C buck on Sunday evening. I posted some pictures of those two back then, but they are now lost other than the real prints to a now deceased computer.

I have been hunting this particular piece of private land for over 20 years now, it is in the Snake River Breaks and some awsome Mule Deer country. When I was healthier I dug and installed many water guzzlers, placed many a mineral and salt block and killed many, many coyotes. I still try to get out there and do that stuff when I have the health and a friend to back me up with driving and whatnot.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Bruce, hunt coyotes! Big game needs the help.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bruce,

My laptop is screwing up again, time for a full virus and malaware scan. I tried to PM you back a couple of times, don't know if any of the repies went through.

Please call me tonight or tomorrow at 509-386-2740. I have a copy of the regs and dates etc. here.

MARK

Mule Deer / John B.

I also tried to PM you, but either this site or my 'puter is afoul. Please do call me as well, using the number above. Reasonable chance that your best mule deer ever lives out this way!

MARK

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Bruce, hunt coyotes! Big game needs the help.

So do my gophers... grin grin

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My message count was at 1005. I just made some room.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Best of luck with your surgery. Had my right shoulder done about 7 years ago. Left is "pending" per my doc. Rehab for rotator cuff surgery SUCKS.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by luv2safari
My message count was at 1005. I just made some room.
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Said a prayer for you. Hang in there. With God all things shall be possible.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just more time to chase birds with that young fella and your pack of hounds!

My pop had rotater cuff surgery on both shoulders. One after the other. Be careful not to injure your good shoulder from over use while the other heals!

He was in his 70's for both, and can still work all day, now in his 80's.

I'd bet your chasing elk next fall.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck to ya. My season got cancelled due to a rotator cuff injury. Just not mine.

My hunting buddy couldn't swing hunting this year since his surgery was very close to opening day. I may still go out a few times on my own for bear, but deer camp without him just don't seem right.

But I couldn't leave it at that. He was feeling bad about the whole thing. So we're going salmon fishing for a week instead.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great recovery/backup plan! Deer hunting in Calif is a pretty tough deal anyway.

BTW, what is being said in your signature line, English translation, please. And what language? Latin perhaps?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Mark,

Sorry to say I can't get up there this October to hunt deer. All hunting will need to be local short hunts.

L2S

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Don't feel too bad. I did the same thing in 2012. Popped the disc in my back for the second time and could barely walk.

Popped the same disc a month ago, and I am not sure if I can go deer/elk this year either. I have a month and a half to heal, so we will see. I have a couple lope tags though, that will at least get me outdoors.

Turning in your tag was the smart thing to do, the emotional thing to do would be to try and go anyway.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 3,185 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,290
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.