-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since a fairly large number of citizens can't be bothered to get off their ass to go to work or vote, I don't have a lot of faith in them coming to a cop's aid in the middle of the night.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barak
Link to Article
Enter Gary North. He's been doing some thinking, and that's refreshing to see. Of course, he's probably a little too innovative for the taste of most of the folks here, but I still find his ideas new and fresh...although they're actually not new at all.

Excerpt:

A policeman would gain obedience, like James Stewart in Destry Rides Again, through judicial empowerment. He would not threaten anyone with immediate violence. He would simply say, �Folks, I�ve got a problem here. This person is resisting arrest. Would three of you accompany me to the local station with this individual?�

He would blow his whistle, and a dozen sawed-off shotguns accompanied by people would be there within 60 seconds.

As a taxpayer, I love it. Awesome idea. Barney can blow the whistle at WalMart. When the five guys show up with sawed off shotguns in less than a minute, Barney can simply say, �Folks, I�ve got a problem here. WalMart cannot keep rolling back the prices if too many people are walking out without paying. The loss prevention officer has a shoplifter in the office. Ladies and gentlemen, I need your help. One of you can hold the contact citizen�s shotgun while s/he confronts the misguided citizen. Somebody else can cover the misguided citizen in case things get hinky." If the amount in question is a felony, Barney can throw the violator in one person�s mini-van to run the guy down to the lockup and start a booking sheet while he gets the information.

If, instead of a shoplifter, it turns out to be an active shooter, Barney can act as a facilitator and give pointers to the entry team, suggest a formation, maybe suggest a decent way to deal with hallways and doors. I�m sure these hard charging citizens are going to take on the task like it�s Omaha Beach. (Just like they did at the Batman movie, etc.)

People who are interested in helping can put light bars on their cars (and sirens) so everyone will know they are the good guys and a part of the ready reserve.

Think of the savings. No salary, no sick pay, no hospital bills, no worker�s comp, no public expenditure of funds for legal expenses defending these people or the civil suits. It�s a dream come true. Also, you can�t beat a response time for backup of 5 people in one minute in the middle of a deserted downtown in a big city at 3 a.m.

Also, if it is not state action, the constitution doesn�t even apply. What could go wrong? If it is state action and the government is responsible for the actions of the �folks,� what could go wrong?

Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Every cop wants to go home at night, so he would be very careful when deciding to confront a perp. He would wait for assistance from the trained citizens.

You threw in the word �training.� What kind of training? Many police departments are willing to welcome people willing to go to a police academy for many months and to work for free. There are not that many takers compared to the general population.

Carry on.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 12/14/14.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
How many working the street officers would continue to work without being armed? No longer in the field, but wouldn't report for duty the first day I was disarmed. Disarm the police and Ferguson' riots would look like child's play. People who are wanting to disarm the populace should be required to post signs in front of their home's. "No firearms inside." GW

Yes it is a terrible idea for police/retired police to be disarmed ever for any reason, but police support for various disarmament schemes for civilians is completely reasonable.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where do you live? I'm guessing it is not Wyoming.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by Barak
Link to Article
Enter Gary North. He's been doing some thinking, and that's refreshing to see. Of course, he's probably a little too innovative for the taste of most of the folks here, but I still find his ideas new and fresh...although they're actually not new at all.

Excerpt:

A policeman would gain obedience, like James Stewart in Destry Rides Again, through judicial empowerment. He would not threaten anyone with immediate violence. He would simply say, �Folks, I�ve got a problem here. This person is resisting arrest. Would three of you accompany me to the local station with this individual?�

He would blow his whistle, and a dozen sawed-off shotguns accompanied by people would be there within 60 seconds.

As a taxpayer, I love it. Awesome idea. Barney can blow the whistle at WalMart. When the five guys show up with sawed off shotguns in less than a minute, Barney can simply say, �Folks, I�ve got a problem here. WalMart cannot keep rolling back the prices if too many people are walking out without paying. The loss prevention officer has a shoplifter in the office. Ladies and gentlemen, I need your help. One of you can hold the contact citizen�s shotgun while s/he confronts the misguided citizen. Somebody else can cover the misguided citizen in case things get hinky. If the amount in question is a felony, we can throw the violator in one person�s mini-van to run the guy down to the lockup and start a booking sheet while we get the information.

If, instead of a shoplifter, it turns out to be an active shooter, Barney can act as a facilitator and give pointers to the entry team, suggest a formation, maybe suggest a decent way to deal with hallways and doors. I�m sure these hard charging citizens are going to take on the task like it�s Omaha Beach. (Just like they did at the Batman movie, etc.)

People who are interested in helping can put light bars on their cars (and sirens) so everyone will know they are the good guys and a part of the ready reserve.

Think of the savings. No salary, no sick pay, no hospital bills, no worker�s comp, no public expenditure of funds for legal expenses defending these people or the civil suits. It�s a dream come true. Also, you can�t beat a response time for backup of 5 people in one minute in the middle of a deserted downtown in a big city at 3 a.m.

Also, if it is not state action, the constitution doesn�t even apply. What could go wrong? If it is state action and the government is responsible for the actions of the �folks,� what could go wrong?

Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Every cop wants to go home at night, so he would be very careful when deciding to confront a perp. He would wait for assistance from the trained citizens.

You threw in the word �training.� What kind of training? Many police departments are willing to welcome people willing to go to a police academy for many months and to work for free. There are not that many takers compared to the general population.

Carry on.

I don't think you have anything to worry about it ever happening. If it ever did happen, police still would not have to worry. No doubt conservatives would be more than willing to assist LE in whatever they wanted to do so Officers like Daniel Holtzclaw

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nce-victims-list-grows-article-1.2000120

would still be able to take the fight to the enemy with the comforting knowledge that his back up would cheerfully put one behind any whore's ear that got the idea she was going to bite down on little Daniel as he was ejacu...I mean, executing his official duties.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where do you live? I'm guessing it is not Wyoming.

I don't live in Wyoming, but police are basically like any other chain with little variation from store to store. They want(and should be able to) decide who may do what.

http://wyofile.com/ruffin/wyoming-guns-without-permit/

"Some in law enforcement had opposed the bill, saying the state�s existing permitting system worked well by allowing citizens to carry concealed weapons after they prove proficiency in using firearms and pass a background check."

"Casper Police Chief Tom Pagel and others in law enforcement cautioned during testimony on the bill that changing the law would mean police would not have a chance to review applications first. A small fraction of candidates are rejected under the existing process."

No doubt the majority of WY LEO's support the various prohibited places on the following list(it certainly would be news if LE groups lobbied for the repeal on these)

http://wyomingdci.wyo.gov/dci-crimi...ction/concealed-firearms-permits/cfp-faq

5. Where is my permit not valid for purposes of carrying a concealed firearm?

No permit issued pursuant to Wyoming law or any permit issued from any other state shall authorize any person to carry a concealed firearm into:
o Any facility used primarily for law enforcement operations or administration without the written consent of the chief administrator;
o Any detention facility, prison or jail;
o Any courtroom, except that nothing in this section shall preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in the courtroom;
o Any meeting of a governmental entity;
o Any meeting of the legislature or a committee thereof;
o Any school, college or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
o Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic liquor and malt beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to that purpose;
o Any place where persons are assembled for public worship, without the written consent of the chief administrator of that place;
o Any elementary or secondary school facility;
o Any college or university facility without the written consent of the security service of the college or university; or
o Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law or regulation or state law.

No officer wants to run the risk that some lady they are wanting to grope in a court house or other safe area could retaliate against them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If everyone was disarmed it would probably work out great.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
How many working the street officers would continue to work without being armed? No longer in the field, but wouldn't report for duty the first day I was disarmed. Disarm the police and Ferguson' riots would look like child's play. People who are wanting to disarm the populace should be required to post signs in front of their home's. "No firearms inside." GW

Yes it is a terrible idea for police/retired police to be disarmed ever for any reason,( but police support for various disarmament schemes for civilians is completely reasonable.)

Those words my friend came from your keyboard not mine. Suspect the programs that you speak of come from liberal politicians and their appointed lackey chiefs, not the patriot officers working the streets. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by derby_dude

I too like the idea of my servants not being armed

Neither do liberals. And Hitler. And blah blah blah.

It's just another form of the same thing. Everyone has the right to self defense and firearm ownership/possession in America. With certain very narrow exceptions. We've been fighting our various governments for restrictions on these rights for years. Now some here want to do the SAME? Just because it's a different group of people don't make it right. I can't believe anyone here even entertains this notion. Pathetic.

The recent shootings are a diversion. Gov is using them to distract you from real issues. They were convenient. The vast majority of cops do their job every day without even thinking of violating anyone's rights. Some are criminals. Most of those get fired and prosecuted. Just had a few of my cohorts arrested, so don't tell me it don't happen. And you know who investigated and arrested them? WE did.

These recent events in the news were completely justified events. Political figures and the media are playing you. And you are all falling for it.

It's a travesty, a sham, and a mockery. It's a travelshamockery.

DD, this was just directed at you. I just plucked a line from your post for illustration

Last edited by pira114; 12/14/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sherp, you really need to ask Santa to give you �a life� for Christmas. You can�t seem to see goodness in anything, and you really cherry pick stuff to fit your world view. You can turn �some in law enforcement� on an issue dealing with constitutional concealed carry (open carry was never an issue) into �no doubt the majority� on a different subject. BTW, the will of the people as expressed by their elected representatives WON on that issue notwithstanding the view of "some."

I can find �some� who will stand for any proposition, no matter how ridiculous.

If you won the lottery you probably would figure out a way to gripe about something.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That dickhead doesn't espouse his "view" here. He is nothing but a liberal queer playing games with the guys who are too innocent to see it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I think he is TRH

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nope. I have had a bunch of phone chats with THR over the years. He is a good guy not an ass hole like Sherp.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where did he go? He's been here but not posting for almost a week.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
He was arrested by a citizen, concealed nunchaku without a carry permit

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
didn't read it all, as I came in late, but this sure smacks of the type of utopian fantasy construct world that Barak likes to live in. Long on dreams, short on reality.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
sherp, you really need to ask Santa to give you �a life� for Christmas. You can�t seem to see goodness in anything, and you really cherry pick stuff to fit your world view. You can turn �some in law enforcement� on an issue dealing with constitutional concealed carry (open carry was never an issue) into �no doubt the majority� on a different subject. BTW, the will of the people as expressed by their elected representatives WON on that issue notwithstanding the view of "some."

I can find �some� who will stand for any proposition, no matter how ridiculous.

If you won the lottery you probably would figure out a way to gripe about something.

The "some" were police officers who knew what was best for civilians.

Still don't see any news about police lobbying for repealing firearms safety laws that limit where civilians may have arms in their possession, but do see where police lobby for further limitations.

Not sure why Santa would need to bring me anything so I would not be able to notice those two points.

Why do you get upset at people for noticing police just doing what they think is right?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I thought Audie Murphy was the Sheriff in "Destry Rides Again"?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ltppowell
That dickhead doesn't espouse his "view" here. He is nothing but a liberal queer playing games with the guys who are too innocent to see it.

I am not a liberal unless you are. I support the same actions by police that you do. Every time someone posts a story about an officer committing an assault and then wanting that officer punished, you and I are there together chastising the person and showing our support for the officers mentioned in the story to keep on doing what they want to do.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 3,213 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,290
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.