-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hope the garage doesn't face the street or other houses, or if it does that you never open the garage door.

Unless you have a way to conceal the gun safe.

I was going to say that a garage is probably better than a storage unit, but that is obviously not true if anybody at all knows it's in the garage.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Mine has a big sticker that says,

"Warning!!! This Safe contains Black Powder!!! The use of a cutting torch will result in an explosion / death!!!"

Those signs deter thieves like the beeping horns on a car in the parking lots. Thieves laugh, then go ahead with their theft...

They won't be laughing if they try it on mine. The Garage safe has all the Goex and ammo in it.

I hope you don't have a house fire, you won't feel so clever if you blow up the fire fighters.

How hot does powder in a safe have to get before ignition, vs the heat that the safe will recieve

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Calhoun

I was going to say that a garage is probably better than a storage unit, but that is obviously not true if anybody at all knows it's in the garage.

EVERYBODY knows already.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had 2 safes in the garage in lower SE Alabama for 6 years. Lows maybe high teens in winter, summer high 90's. Humid as crap most of the year. Golden Rod in each safe. No rust on anything. If tools aint gonna rust sitting in the garage with no dehumidifier, cant see where oiled guns in a safe will either.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Powder plus safe equals bomb, because the pressure gets really high before the safe lets go. That's probably why it's against the law to keep powder in a safe, but OK in a wood box.

Wonder if homeowner's insurance is good if you blow up your own house? You can get another gun (if you don't go down for murdering the burglars with a booby trap) but a new house costs money.

Not my business, just thinking out loud.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Garage safe has all the Goex and ammo in it.

It's not smart to keep explosives in strong closed containers

You have one huge BOMB sitting there

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by oregontripper

EVERYBODY knows already.

No, they don't, unless you happen to think the OP has given a real name and location

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Mine has a big sticker that says,

"Warning!!! This Safe contains Black Powder!!! The use of a cutting torch will result in an explosion / death!!!"

Those signs deter thieves like the beeping horns on a car in the parking lots. Thieves laugh, then go ahead with their theft...

They won't be laughing if they try it on mine. The Garage safe has all the Goex and ammo in it.

I hope you don't have a house fire, you won't feel so clever if you blow up the fire fighters.

If I ever have a house fire, my house and any ensuing explosions will be done long before the Firefighters ever arrive. Our Ranch house sets over a mile off from the nearest County Road and over 20 miles from a town with a Fire Dept. No worries for Firemen.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 12/18/14.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by oregontripper

EVERYBODY knows already.

No, they don't, unless you happen to think the OP has given a real name and location

You're right, not literally EVERYBODY....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm in Wyoming and have one in my unheated shop. I have a goldenrod heater in it and a few packs of desiccant.
No issues at all.

IC B3

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My brother in law stores his this way in Mississippi (high humidity) and they seem to be doing fine. He has a dehumidifier rod in it but that's it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 33 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,702
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.