Print Thread
Hop To
C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
For sale are a number of elderly scopes, some I am the original owner, others came on used rifles.

Just trying to clear out some items that I will not use. No boxes; they will be wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in USPS shipping boxes. Glass on all of them are clear and have no visible scratches.

#1 Leupold 2-7X28 Vari-XII, L prefix to serial #. I bought it new. Sent back to Leupold in January of 2010 and they replaced the front lens (it had fogged inside), replaced the elevation and windage mechanism and reworked the power selector. Little used since then, it functions as new.

Duplex reticle, gloss finish, with ring marks and scratches. This was my main hunting scope for many years in all kinds of weather and it never leaked.

This vintage of 2-7 has a tube with 5.5" of mounting space so it better fits long actions than the newer Leupolds with about 5.2" tube length.

$125.00 Shipped.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#2 Pecar 4X81. Probably made in the early 1960s. Optically still exceptional. 26mm tube and the rifle it came on had 1" rings which dented the scope tube. The dents do not appear to affect the function of the scope.

Crosshair reticle that is non centering. I have shot it on a 270 for 100 or more rounds and it always holds zero and the view through the scope is very pleasing to my eye. But the scope base holes in that rifle seem to be drilled off center and I could never get the rifle sighted in with the cross hairs centered in the scope even with Burris Signature rings (which will fit the 26mm tube).

The rifle it came on was mainly a closet queen so the scope has not seen much use.

$55.00 shipped.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#3 Weaver K2.5X C3 steel tube with cross hair reticle. I bought it about 1968. For years was on a .22 LR. Has slight ring marks. A few years ago I put it in Talley rings and when I would tighten the rings the cross hair would appear to distort. On the .22 with Lyman rings it functioned fine.

$50.00 shipped.

[Linked Image]

#4 Weaver K4 C3 steel tube. Bought about 1970. Cross hair reticle. Has ring marks and evidence of old rust acquired from hunting in the the rain of western Oregon.

Part of the plastic ring on the ocular lens has broken - don't know why or how or even when for certain. Has not been used for decades. Glass is scratch free but the old Weaver is optically no match for the Pecar.

$25.00 shipped.

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa451/CKW44/IMG_0066.jpg[/img]

#5 Bushnell Sportview 3-9X32. Looks almost like new, bought by my son years ago and for years he did little to no hunting so it sat on his rifle in the closet.

$35.00 shipped.

[img]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa451/CKW44/IMG_0076.jpg[/img]

#6 Simmons Deerfield 3-9X32. Came on a rifle I bought. I have not used it. One small mark on ocular housing, other than that it appears new. Made in China. Duplex reticle.

$25.00 shipped.

[img]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa451/CKW44/IMG_0062.jpg[/img]

#7 Tasco 4X32. Made in Japan. Came on a rifle I bought. Seems to be a fairly decent scope. Has scratches and ring marks but the glass is clear and scratch free. Duplex reticle. $30.00 shipped.

[img]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa451/CKW44/IMG_0059.jpg[/img]

Leupold 2-7X28 is sold pending receipt of funds.

Pecar 4X is sold pending receipt of funds.

Last edited by CKW; 02/27/15.

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will take the leupold 2-7x28

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll take #2, the 4x Pecar.

Please PM your contact information and I'll a cover letter and MO off to you early next week.

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
The Leupold and Pecar scopes are sold pending arrival of funds.

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson
C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Up for morning show.

IC B2

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
#4 K4 Weaver is sold pending funds.

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Up

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Up

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Up again

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Leupold 2-7X28 is back on the market!

IC B3

C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Leupold 2-7X28 and #3 K2.5 Weaver are SPF.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll take #6 the Simmons Deerfield. My kids need something with a little more power, than a red dot, for shooting prairie dogs with the Davy cricket.

Last edited by Ralphie; 03/08/15.
C
CKW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
#6 Simmons is SPF.

Ralphie you have a PM.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,461
Posts18,471,289
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.