g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by JPro
"All bullets rise before they drop."

That one will inevitably follow.....

Heard that one in a Sportsman's Whorehouse seminar on reloading from the INSTRUCTOR. Couldn't help it I had to speak up and was supported by 3-4 others. Not sure we convinced him though.

I guess they really do for a sighted in rifle. Have to go up to get to the sighted in place then they get to go down. grin

Retired cat herder.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember seeing a photo here of a good-looking rifle on a wooden benchrest, I think Big Stick might have posted it. The point of the photo was the new rifle, but the camera also picked up an inkpen drawing on the side of the bench. It depicted a stick figure holding a scoped rifle and dashed lines coming out of both the barrel and scope, intersecting at two points out in front of the cartoon man. It was the kindergarten version, but it looked like somebody was getting a quick field lesson on how riflescopes actually worked.... (grin)

Now with even more aplomb
J4K Offline
The Friday before Nov. firearm opener, a group of us go out and shoot jugs at 400-500 yards for the hell of it.

A couple of years ago, a buddy of a buddy was trying to pop a jug or 2 but not one shot would come within 2 or 3 feet of a jug. I happen to wander over to where he was standing and started looking at his fired brass...
[Linked Image]

I asked him what he was shooting..."Weatherby in 300 win mag". I told him he might wanna check the stamp on the side of the barrel...I bet it'll say 300 Weatherby Mag. It did. His excuse was he was shooting the ammo that was given to him when he bought the rifle.

NRA
NFOA
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Got a sovereign and a story u should have thanked him lol.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Originally Posted by JPro
"All bullets rise before they drop."

That one will inevitably follow.....

Heard that one in a Sportsman's Whorehouse seminar on reloading from the INSTRUCTOR. Couldn't help it I had to speak up and was supported by 3-4 others. Not sure we convinced him though.

I guess they really do for a sighted in rifle. Have to go up to get to the sighted in place then they get to go down. grin

It's all a matter of perspective If your perspective is the line-of-sight of the barrel's axis and then all bullets fall from the time they leave the muzzle. If you reference is purely from an altitude POV and your rifle is sighted in for x00 yards .... the bullet does indeed increase in altitude (climbs) until its apex. It really isn't rocket science and I am still amused as to the number of shooters that get their panties in a bundle over this concept. Granted for those sighted in @ 200 an their bullet is still rising at 450 .... well that might be true if your sight height is 12" above bore axis.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
IC B2

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 69 invisible), 3,296 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,484
Posts18,471,837
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.