-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
OP Offline
C
I'm looking for opinions from anyone who has tried both of these boots. I have owned a pair of Lowa Renegade GTX's for the last 10 months and they are hands-down the most comfortable boots I have ever tried on or worn, but they are falling apart quickly. I think the Renegades are just not made well and an isolated bad model, as I have friends who run Tibets and other Lowas and they have all held up really well. I am returning my Renegades to REI for store credit and I want a new pair of lightweight Lowas (I scout and hunt in primarily hot weather 80% of the year). Unfortunately, REI doesn't have any other models I am interested in stock to try on. I have narrowed down my search to the Lowa Camino GTX FreeFlex boots, which look lightweight and breathable, but more durable.

So here's my question: Knowing that the Renegades fit me perfectly, will the Caminos be too tight on me? Some reviewers mention that they are snug fitting, but no one anywhere has compared them to the Renegades. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And no, I am not looking for Merrells or Kentreks or Asolos or any other boot smile Thank you.

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have no expierence with the Camino. Have you looked at the Lowa Ronan? If they would make a wide size I would of bought those instead of the renegades.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have had the Renegades, Rangers, Tibets, and Caminos. The Renegades were too soft and didn't hold up. My lightweight preference is the Camino. In fact I use them almost everything and if I need a stiffer boat for packing lots of weight on steep ground I use the Tibets. 85% of the time the Camino gets the nod. I have a narrow heel and normal to wide forefoot. Lowa boots work the best for me. I have no issues with the fit between the Renegade and the Camino and wear the same size in each. Hope it helps.

C
OP Offline
C
I would love to look at all of the Lowas, unfortunately, there arent many quality boots in stock at the stores in Southern Nevada, so I have to gamble with the order sometimes. Thanks for the reply.

C
OP Offline
C
Thank you! I dont have much time between scouting and hunting trips coming up, so you made an expensive purchase a lot less stressful for me! The Renegades have felt like pillows on my feet, but they're definitely not built for someone who will abuse them regularly in high desert mountains. Thanks again.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Weird....I don't check in on here often, but I just ordered the Camino GTX Flex today. Will be wringing them out next weekend on a Cascade bear hunt. Report back when done if you're still undecided.

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
C
OP Offline
C
Thank you. Ill be ordering mine next week after a bow hunt, so if you have any conclusions by then, let me know. Even though my feet are wider than most, it seems like the only guys who have had trouble with them are those who describe their feet as "weird". Should be happy with them.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
Weird....I don't check in on here often, but I just ordered the Camino GTX Flex today. Will be wringing them out next weekend on a Cascade bear hunt. Report back when done if you're still undecided.

Good luck taking them on a hunting trip with no break-in.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

168 members (257 mag, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 863 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,607
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.