Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Anyone unforgiven is in danger my friend. God will be the judge.

Well, that presumes your God actually exists, for which I've seen no evidence. Furthermore, of the thousands of gods that have existed, and the thousands of variations of Christianity, you are also presuming you've chose the correct one. Remember, Catholics think all other Christians are going to hell, and many other Christians believe the same about Catholics.

So even if you believe, there are plenty of religious folks who think you are still destined for an eternal, infinite, punishment.

Some day we'll see who's right, won't we?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE
Yet he's bumping Christian threads all the time.

There's opportunity there, both ways.

Think about that.

If you think you have some evidence that will convenience me of the existence of God, let's here it.

I'll let you know when I know what to tell you.

I don't at the moment, so I have no intention on trying to throw Scripture and anything else in your direction.

All I can ask is if you intended to use the words "convenience" and "here"..

RWE, that's just as well. I don't consider the Bible as evidence for the Bible, but just an exercise in Circular reasoning. (i.e. the Bible is true, because the Bible says it's true.) Before you can use the Bible as positive evidence you must first establish it's veracity.

Now the Bible can be used as negative evidence against certain god concepts. As an example earlier we discussed the contradictions regarding the use of the word "fool". So if someone proposed a God concept where the Bible is the perfect word of God that never contradicts itself, we can just open the text and see the over 400 contradictions contained within.

Of course I'm not saying that is consistent with YOUR God concept, which is why when discussing God concepts it's usually best to have the Theist define their God first, so they can't move the goal posts, and we are not debating to cross purposes.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Anyone unforgiven is in danger my friend. God will be the judge.

Well, that presumes your God actually exists, for which I've seen no evidence. Furthermore, of the thousands of gods that have existed, and the thousands of variations of Christianity, you are also presuming you've chose the correct one. Remember, Catholics think all other Christians are going to hell, and many other Christians believe the same about Catholics.

So even if you believe, there are plenty of religious folks who think you are still destined for an eternal, infinite, punishment.

Some day we'll see who's right, won't we?

That presumes there is an afterlife. If you die and there is no afterlife, there will be nothing of your remaining separate from your brain to ever "know" anything.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BFD
Originally Posted by krp
Bet they left up MLK's

Kent

In Kansas???

Like I've been saying for years, liberalism just ain't for Californians anymore, if you've got public schools, you've got liberalism.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 1,892 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,875
Posts18,497,647
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.