Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Wyogal

....because when cycling, the bipolar is a bus going down a mountain without brakes. Families often have to deal with bankrupcy, debt after debt after debt. its a horrible way to live.

I don't like this guy, but I feel bad for his family. But I also shamefully admit to rubbernecking bad accidents.

Very well said. And I'm a rubbernecker too.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by DocRocket
... I'm a rubbernecker too.

A useful trait in an ER physician.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
plenty of exercise should help with the bipolar swings

so I hope when he grouse hunts he walks rather than rides.....oh nevermind (grin)

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Why does Jon La Douche want to post here? No one agrees with him! He is without a doubt "mental".

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Why does Jon La Douche want to post here? No one agrees with him! He is without a doubt "mental".

Because he wants attention.

And he gets it here!!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Check the medical complaint pages.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
no excuse for bad behavior, bi polar is an excuse.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
plenty of exercise should help with the bipolar swings

so I hope when he grouse hunts he walks rather than rides.....oh nevermind (grin)
stirring? 😀

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
Originally Posted by Valsdad
[
shocked

I'll start the "buy back program"

Like those programs do, I'll offer $100 for any gun.

But I only want the one.

The really purty S X S shotgun from Italy! grin

The rest of ya'll can kick down a few bucks to get the rest of his "sporting purposes" arsenal off the street.

The funds he collects can be used for therapy, sensitivity training for physicians first on the list.

Geno

After all, "think of the children" wink

$110
$110.05

You there, Chief.

See my reply to Bigfoot.

We don't want to get this going in the Penny auction way, it'll take too long.

Geno

Fine,you can have the SXS from I-taly. wink

For that $100 price I'll take the EYE talian gun. EYE don't have a problem with being told EYE'm of EYE talian heritage! EYE kinda like it! grin

Not to worry, I'm sure there's something suitable for you in a house with FIVE fireplaces. I remember an "anny" 22.

There's always that canoe too, that should have the price reduced tho as you'll have to Paddle it. wink

EYE EYE, Chief,

Back to the nut production line for this squirrel.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Okay, so here's today's hunt. Got a late start after discovering my letter got published. Lots of comments, too.

First, a photo near and dear to the consummate sportsmen here on the fire. Shot through my windshield:

[Linked Image]

The colors were really nice:

[Linked Image]

I only managed one bird. Heidi made two productive points. The first was on two ruffies in a small clump of trees. They slipped out the back, of course. The blue actually gave me a clear shot. The shot of her retrieve was a mistake, my ISO was too low. I like the effect, though:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hope y'all had a nice day!

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
A "anny" 22 sounds interesting. A place with 5 fireplaces should have a Winnie M 52 .22 in top condition for ohhh say $105.00. grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Oh, and as for the comment about being 63 and working in a walk-in clinic... that's not exactly an insult. Some of the most successful docs I know own or run or work in urgent care clinics. In this Obamacare age, they're becoming the only primary care docs keeping their heads above water.

That wasn't meant as an insult to the guy's financial success or prowess.

It's all about his condescension. You want to act billy-bob-badass about your intelligence. How about working in the upper echelons, intellectually, of your profession? Particularly after you have been in said profession for over 30 years. You may make decent money, but walk-in clinics are not the upper level, intellectually, of the medicine world. Most walk-ins around here are staffed by nurse practitioners and some PAs.

Montana MOFO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A "anny" 22 sounds interesting. A place with 5 fireplaces should have a Winnie M 52 .22 in top condition for ohhh say $105.00. grin

$100 even, remember, just like the "buy back" (did they own them previously? confused ) programs in the big cities. Any gun, get 'em off the street (or in this case out of the "give up your gun guy's hands)

If there is an M52 in there you better call dibs now!

Along the lines of the "editorials letters", I've been seeing/reading many articles on what serves as "news" .

Saw one today that was facetiously referring to the belief that some have that the 2nd is there to protect us from a tyrannical govt. And what could "we" do with our "arms" given the military might of the US Govt?

Well, they don't ever seem to consider what problems we've had (other govts also) in dealing with a bunch of po'd folks with small arms, cases in point, Afghanistan, Iraq (post invasion), Mexican cartels, FARC in Columbia, no need to go on, it happens all over.

Do they think the situation would be different on our own soil. I haven't seen any Talibani jet fighters lately and we still seem to not be able to "defeat" them after how many years now, 14 or so? How long would the US Govt. end up having to fight "us" with the number of small arms available (not to mention some "larger ones").

Oh well, preaching to the choir ( -1?) here on the 'fire (another rhyme!)

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Paddler

[Linked Image]

Wow!

After all his holier-than-all-the-rest-of-us airs, Pizzer posts a picture of his schitty little boxlock? Seriously?

This photo proves that Piddler is a nouveau riche pretender, as we've always suspected. I asked a bunch of the other rich & successful guys here on the 24HCF, and they all agree this photo is damning beyond redemption. No real grouse hunter would be caught dead carrying a boxlock in the grouse woods.

Hell, even Shrapnel hunts with sidelocks!!

As my cousin Vinny would say, I'm done with this guy.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are so many Ben Johnson wannabes on the Fire, they wouldn't know what to do if they no longer had folks to rip on, hell they might have to talk to their wives.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Paddler,
You are a pompous a$$. Of course the liberal media would suck up your a anti gun nonsense. Go ahead, let it stroke your ego.

I cannot believe you have to use a firearm to kill grouse. I have killed piles of them with my longbow and handcrafted wood arrows. I do not have to stoop to using a dog to help either, I go it alone. cool

Last edited by CRS; 10/17/15.

Arcus Venator
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Paddler

[Linked Image]

Wow!

After all his holier-than-all-the-rest-of-us airs, Pizzer posts a picture of his schitty little boxlock? Seriously?

This photo proves that Piddler is a nouveau riche pretender, as we've always suspected. I asked a bunch of the other rich & successful guys here on the 24HCF, and they all agree this photo is damning beyond redemption. No real grouse hunter would be caught dead carrying a boxlock in the grouse woods.

Hell, even Shrapnel hunts with sidelocks!!

As my cousin Vinny would say, I'm done with this guy.

Doc, my theory is "this one was either on the t!t until age 11, or not at all.

What says ya ?

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1badf350, 219 Wasp, 1minute, 270cowboy, 2500HD, 60 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,170
Posts18,503,147
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.