Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

is there an easy/safe way to mount a PHD ?

Have to put mine on soon...I hate looking at it....

let alone mounting it......its a 12"

[Linked Image]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Yes there is. I use one tractor loader to lift the post auger to mount up to the next tractor. Otherwise use some other form of hoist. Very easy and much more control and safe feeling.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm getting ready to buy a JD 1023E w/ loader, box blade and tiller. It will be used to move dirt, mulch, maintain my gravel driveways and till up front of property and reclaim overgrown areas.

And yes I have a dealer real close.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Mine's easy - it's a Speeco. First, bring the pole and head over to the tractor and pin the end in the top link base on the tractor. Then bring the yoke over to the 3-pt links and install the pins there. Pivot the yoke up to the proper holes in the pole and pin that. Start the tractor and lift the 3-pt high enough so one can mount the auger. Last, hook up the PTO shaft and yer done.. Takes about 3-4 minutes..

Dismount unit in reverse order.. Otherwise, leaving it all assembled makes re-mounting a REAL chore..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tikkanut

When I take mine off, I back it up underneath a liveoak tree that is growing at a slant, and just the right height.

I throw a small chain over the tree and raise the PHD until the auger is clearing the ground, and snap the chain around it. I take loose the connectors, and put a board on the ground to let that end rest on, and drive away.

Connecting/disconnecting takes 5 min, tops, and everything is off the ground, and ready to go for next time. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
We've got an old Danhauser with a 15" bit and a 2' extension. The stinger must be 5-6' long and it can be an awkward sonuvabitch to get back on the 3-point arms.

Either chain it to a tree(vertically) or just drill a hole down about 3' and leave it(stand) that way.

2 man job unless you really want to dick around for awhile.....grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by 66niteowl
I've been looking at tractors in the 38-40hp range in the last month or so, Kubota, mahindra, and John deere. Don't think I want the Deere, thoughts or experience with the other two here.
Kubota has been here longer, and has a better dealer network (at least, in this part of the US).

Mahindra's quite new here - and only stocking dealer's actually quite close to me; about 6 miles.. I've not had the need to check 'em out.

The dealer can be everything; close by, parts on hand, good shop and quick work.

When I was going to get a new compact I wanted to see the Mahindra but - at the time - the nearest dealer was about 75-80 miles away while the JD dealer's only about 20 miles.

Previous experience with the JD series had me leaning that way anyhow so I stayed with it.

Got this last May:

[Linked Image]

Love everything about it except the hydro trans.. I should have ordered one with gears.. But I know that's just me - most everyone else loves hydros..
The reason that tractor is the most expensive in its class is simply because it is a tank and a pleasure to operate. Those trashing Deere do so out of pure ignorance and jealousy.
Drive a 3039r and show me anything comparable, there is nothing......and nothing more expensive.

W
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Toddly
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by 66niteowl
I've been looking at tractors in the 38-40hp range in the last month or so, Kubota, mahindra, and John deere. Don't think I want the Deere, thoughts or experience with the other two here.
Kubota has been here longer, and has a better dealer network (at least, in this part of the US).

Mahindra's quite new here - and only stocking dealer's actually quite close to me; about 6 miles.. I've not had the need to check 'em out.

The dealer can be everything; close by, parts on hand, good shop and quick work.

When I was going to get a new compact I wanted to see the Mahindra but - at the time - the nearest dealer was about 75-80 miles away while the JD dealer's only about 20 miles.

Previous experience with the JD series had me leaning that way anyhow so I stayed with it.

Got this last May:

[Linked Image]

Love everything about it except the hydro trans.. I should have ordered one with gears.. But I know that's just me - most everyone else loves hydros..
The reason that tractor is the most expensive in its class is simply because it is a tank and a pleasure to operate. Those trashing Deere do so out of pure ignorance and jealousy.
Drive a 3039r and show me anything comparable, there is nothing......and nothing more expensive.

I don't see any real difference between the 3039r and the Mahindra 4110 specs's

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
I can't find much info on the Mahindra to compare.. TractorData site doesn't have much of the same stuff that they have on the Deere.

But one thing I did find, hydraulic gpm on the Deere is about 30% higher than the Mahindra (10.2 vs 7.8)

There's also 3 different transmissions for the Deere, while the MH only has one (that I could find).

But overall, I'm guessing they're pretty similar..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I had a Kubota 3600 GST (shuttle shift) tractor and I never had a problem with it and owned it for around 10 years. I would still have it if I lived back in Michigan. I sold it to a neighbor who I can still borrow it from when I come back to visit. I wouldn't go much smaller or you won't be able to get much done other than mow grass. It is small enough to get between things and big enough to do most chores with attachments. I had a snowblower, post hole auger, box scraper, scraper blade, landscape rake, tiller, brush hog, and a few other attachments along with forks and bucket for the loader.

If I were to buy again I think I would get one a bit bigger but still be able to use my attachments.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'd say a Kubota l3940 compares pretty well to your Deere, plus it is about 500 pounds heavier. I tend to think the "L" series Kubota's are a tougher built machine than the Deere comparable, and BTW there are no flys in your machine. Nice rig but I don't think they have cornered the market with that model.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,411
Posts18,470,409
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.