Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
My boy is a carbon copy of me, it kinda pisses me off sometimes. Stubborn little bastids. His bike has been in the shop for about a month and he has been whining about wanting to ride for that entire month. He got it back today and took off as soon as he got it unloaded. He come home about 30 minutes later with road rash a skint up shin and a sore collar bone, one that has previously been operated on. He hit a dog and he went over the bars at about 35mph.

What is it about a bike that makes us so willing to buy tires every 3k miles, risk being run over by an idiot texting or someone pulling out in front of you. They are dangerous as a cooked gun but we love them damn machines!

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Exactly 5 weeks ago I hit a deer at 55 mph on my Harley Davidson Electra Glide. It was a total loss and I just got the check yesterday from my insurance agent.
Now what?
Do I retire from adrenaline or give the wheel of chance another spin?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They aren't any more dangerous than jumping out of airplanes...without a parachute.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You either buy another bike or more guns. If the latter you will eventually get a hot burning desire for the former!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Whelen, you may as well buy another bike and save yourself the aggravation of desire.

I've been on two wheels since 1966 and have tried to quit twice. Once when stationed overseas and then in 1997 I tried again. Sold my Harley for more than I paid for it and said I was through.

Every time I saw a Harley it wore me down and being a life member of HOG I was still getting their publications and advertisements.

I held out for a couple of years of torture and now I have two in the garage. Guess I'll ride till I can't climb on anymore. smile

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
just bought a KTM. it's the polar opposite of my Harley, but I love 'em both.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sold my last Street Glide two summers ago, and haven't rode since. Didn't plan on "retiring", but now have decided to not tempt fate any more.

At my "peak", I had three Fatboys in the garage, and my biggest summer put on 16,000 miles.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by toad
just bought a KTM. it's the polar opposite of my Harley, but I love 'em both.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That is a bad bitch.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I've got a replacement I'll sell you! 2010 CVO Ultra, 5800 miles.
Ronnie

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Dirt bike,plenty of adrenaline with higher probability of survival than with a street bike! JMHO. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

β€œI’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Same here, I quit for awhile after a bad crash, but been back on for about 6 years now. Was putting on about 10,000 a year, but lately just back and forth to work 12 miles each way.
Main thing that's changed for me is the girlfriend I've got now,
I just don't enjoy riding with a passenger, and she hasn't been able to buy one of her own yet. Hopefully that will change, I sure do miss packing the tent and coffee pot, heading off on a long weekend with only a general direction or state in mind...

I have decided though, it's second best to riding a horse for me.
If my commute was less, I'd fence the lot in here and ride horse to work.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Love that KTM

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You can't live in a bubble and really live, IMHO. If you're gonna ride, ride aware. Half the people in cages don't see you, the other half that see you, seem to want to kill you, animals just plain don't give a sheit. Wear leather, always, I'd rather sweat every day than bleed. I'm still riding, just a lot more aware and cautious than I was when I was twenty +/-.

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dress for the crash, not the ride.

Me

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I mostly ride alone, sometimes one other rider.

The kids that have to be with their posse and are clowning for the camera with their buddies, I avoid like the RIO Olympics.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
After 10 years in the firearms industry, I'm now in the Motorcycle business.

So y'all need to keep riding and think Indian and Victory

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by weagle; 08/01/16.
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I tried to quit too but the longest I lasted was 1 summer. We ride dirt and I did have a R6 but I bought it to sell I eventually sold it for a very small profit but I do miss it.

When Reid hit that dog he was on the way to a big field that we ride in. He was on a RMZ 450, it only tweaked the bars. We ride about 1/8 mile on a back road to get there. He was less than 100 feet from his destination.

That KTM is SWEET! That's my cup of tea. I would like to have a super duke for street rideing, or a triumph speed triple.

Last edited by seal_billy; 08/01/16.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For the past 15 years or so I've had them in some form or another

road miles, I'm only about 1500 a year but I like having it there when the urge hits me

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
That about what I ride now, when I sold my suzuki I racked up 21k in 2 years. My back won't let me ride as much as I once did but I love it still.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,526
Posts18,509,760
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.