Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Redneck

LMAO.. Obviously the entire 7-county metro area of the Twin Cities never went to driving school.. Left lane hoggers to the MAX..

When we drive to Poland (AKA Minnesoduh) you can literally fly the entire way.

Blinker, left lane, zoooom.

Until you get east of Fargo. It's like some sort of invisible barrier of stupidity. The second you cross that border cars start hanging out in the left lane and the roads turn to dog schit.
And that's in the summer.. Just WAIT until winter... MN has literally NO CLUE how to clear a highway..

But I digress - sorry.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Calhoun
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/u-mulls-rule-require-speed-limiting-devices-trucks-145040555.html
The U.S. Transportation Department on Friday issued a proposed rule that would require trucks and buses to be equipped with devices that would limit their speed, a move it said could save both lives and fuel.

The agency said it will weigh setting speed limits at 60, 65 or 68 miles per hour for heavy commercial vehicles, but will consider other speeds based on comments from the public. Speed limits on interstate highways vary across the United States, with some states allowing vehicles to drive as fast as 85 miles (137 km) per hour, though many states have lower maximum speeds for trucks.

"There are significant safety benefits to this proposed rulemaking," Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx said in a statement. "In addition to saving lives, the projected fuel and emissions savings make this proposal a win for safety, energy conservation, and our environment."

Under the long-delayed proposal, all new U.S. trucks and buses weighing more than 26,000 pounds (11,793 kg) would need to be equipped with a speed-limiting device.

The department said the maximum allowable speed would be decided after the agency receives public input. Publication of the proposal kicks off a 60-day comment period.

It said both vehicle manufacturers and the companies that purchase and operate the vehicles would be subject to the rule.

Representatives of truck makers and large truck fleets contacted Friday did not comment or said they were still studying the proposal.

It's for the environment...

For once I'm for this regulation. Where we live (So. Texas) there are literally 1000's of tanker trucks (Eagle Ford) and NAFTA rigs blowing down the roads at 80-85 mph. Not to mention most of our roads are 2 lane- crazy amounts of fatality accidents in our area.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 30incher
Originally Posted by Calhoun
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/u-mulls-rule-require-speed-limiting-devices-trucks-145040555.html
The U.S. Transportation Department on Friday issued a proposed rule that would require trucks and buses to be equipped with devices that would limit their speed, a move it said could save both lives and fuel.

The agency said it will weigh setting speed limits at 60, 65 or 68 miles per hour for heavy commercial vehicles, but will consider other speeds based on comments from the public. Speed limits on interstate highways vary across the United States, with some states allowing vehicles to drive as fast as 85 miles (137 km) per hour, though many states have lower maximum speeds for trucks. BBBuTT they are all pro drivers

"There are significant safety benefits to this proposed rulemaking," Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx said in a statement. "In addition to saving lives, the projected fuel and emissions savings make this proposal a win for safety, energy conservation, and our environment."

Under the long-delayed proposal, all new U.S. trucks and buses weighing more than 26,000 pounds (11,793 kg) would need to be equipped with a speed-limiting device.

The department said the maximum allowable speed would be decided after the agency receives public input. Publication of the proposal kicks off a 60-day comment period.

It said both vehicle manufacturers and the companies that purchase and operate the vehicles would be subject to the rule.

Representatives of truck makers and large truck fleets contacted Friday did not comment or said they were still studying the proposal.

It's for the environment...

For once I'm for this regulation. Where we live (So. Texas) there are literally 1000's of tanker trucks (Eagle Ford) and NAFTA rigs blowing down the roads at 80-85 mph. Not to mention most of our roads are 2 lane- crazy amounts of fatality accidents in our area.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
ones that bitch about "trucks" the most are the same ones that blow through work zones at 20+ over posted speeds cause they didn't see nothing

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ldholton
ones that bitch about "trucks" the most are the same ones that blow through work zones at 20+ over posted speeds cause they didn't see nothing
BS more trucks blast up in the merging lanes into work zones than cars that I have seen.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I sure an glad I am retired. It is obvious I am not smart enough to know how to drive a truck. wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scott, when I mean "pass" I mean two commercial trucks at different speeds PASSING with happy running lights blinking rather than having an effing "governor race." Seen a few of those, you'd think the guy being passed could take TWO MPH off his dial-o-matic and help out, mmmmm?

And being able to run up a hill means you can tip over the top without going all the way to the bottom of the gearbox. In a younger time, I drove wheat, that was a study in momentum management, you betcha. I'd start grabbing gears way before I started any climb -- if it was safe to try it. Going down? All air brakes are good for is parking.

As for DJS, you don't get a medal or gold star for matching the number on your speedo to the one on the sign, okay? If there's room, move the heck over.

Being from Montana, when I go out of state, I'm repeatedly stunned by the vast number of "drivers" who have never, ever actually "driven the road" and adjusted their speed for CONDITIONS. They slavishly stick to the "speed limit plus 3" or whatever the heck their formula is -- and when CONDITIONS go south, they wonder why they're in an 80 car pileup?

Gosh, I miss Montana's basic rule.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
As a heavy haul driver I was always the truck in the right lane going up hills, down hills, and on the flats. I really cannot remember passing another truck and if I did come up on a slower truck I am plenty old enough to understand one or two miles per hour slower will not cause me to have a stroke.

I cannot speak for nor will I in any way defend other CDL drivers. As I have stated many times there are drivers out there who should not be allowed to walk let alone drive. Consider there are places in CA where an non English speaking illegal can walk in, pot down the cash, and walk out with a CDL in hand without ever having taken a test or driven anything at all.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,431
Posts18,470,796
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.