Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I blew a hose on my Kabota today, cost $44.50 at Napa to make one. Small 3/8" hose and 3' long. There are probably 10 similar hoses on this loader attachment. Where can I get them cheaper? They are all the same age, so once one blew, the others are just waiting.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Life would be a helluva lot easier if hydraulic lines never blew or leaked.

We run all older equipment and replace several a year.

Don't worry, depending on use you might not blow another one on that particular machine in years.

We get all of ours made at Carquest or the local co-op.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Burdens Surplus Center

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tractor supply has a large selection of standard hydraulic hoses. I'd give them a try.

We have a komatsu mini excavator that has needed hoses left and right. The fittings are metric and not really comon. We have the local hydraulic shop make them for us. He charges a pretty fair price.

When someone builds you a hose the type of fitting plays a large part of the overall price. Some places charge quite a bit for the crimp (labor/machine use). Another local place wants $7 a crimp so each hose is at least $14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by keystoneben
When someone builds you a hose the type of fitting plays a large part of the overall price.

Some of the proprietary fittings we use are through the roof.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 09/03/16.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Please be careful using that loader with bad hoses. When a hose pops they free fall, it is scary, whatever is under it will be smashed.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Being a Kabota, I grabbed every metric wrench I had close to the size and headed for the tractor. This doesn't happen next to your shop you know.

Turns out they are all American fittings. The guy at Napa said they were all standard fittings. I was concerns cause one end had a 90 degree sweep fitting, not just a 90. But they had it, and it fit perfect.

I know I can get standard length hoses with straight ends, but I would have to get adapters to fit.

I'll call around and price out what I just had made since I know what ends it has. There is also an online place, but I would have to know how they measure length.

I can just imagine another will go at the worst time, yesterday wasn't a bad time.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Man you got "hosed" they should have came and got it and come put it back on for that price !!!!!!!!!!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Big R or Tractor Supply has them here in Colorado Springs.Might not be the exact length,but you can make them work for a lot less money

Last edited by saddlesore; 09/04/16.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was using my friends Kubota tractor last year when a hose blew, sounds about the same size as the one you replaced. I went to our local industrial hose supplier and it was $32 to make up the replacement hose.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Speaking from experience, it is a good idea to make sure that the pump is turned off before allowing the person holding the hose, more or less pointing in your direction, to uncouple the connection.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Don't know about Kubota but for my KD loader on a JD 3020, I was able to buy a hose kit to replace all of the hoses on the loader cheaper buying them one at a time. Mine has several different lengths.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buy a crimper, some hose and some fittings and make them yourself. Just kidding, for the most part. The crimper is a pretty heafty initial investment, but after that, the rest is easy with some research. Just need to learn fitting types, i.e JIC JIS, etc.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
Buy a crimper, some hose and some fittings and make them yourself. Just kidding, for the most part. The crimper is a pretty heafty initial investment, but after that, the rest is easy with some research. Just need to learn fitting types, i.e JIC JIS, etc.
A hydraulic crimper is about $2500, fittings are about $7- $20 each and hose is not cheap. How many hoses are you going to need to make to break even? Think I will buy them

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tech tip from S.E. Az

.....These Roadside "Hose Joints",....e.g. auto parts stores seldom flush out a newly made line before handing it over to you.

They cut their bulk stock with chop saws, and the crap that the nipple end of the new fitting than pushes into it's dim recesses is not hydraulic system friendly.

Running a can of cheap aerosol parts cleaner through your "new" hose prior to hanging it is a SMART policy.

wink

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
good point Cross, also check the crimp sleeve and flare for damage before paying

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
A follow up to this thread. I ordered 3 hoses from an online place called universalhoseandfittings.com. As a direct comparison, one of the hoses was exactly what I had made at NAPA. $44.50 at NAPA, $17.87 at this place. I had to pay sales tax since they are in VA as I am, and they shipped it in a medium flat rate box, which wasn't full by any means, but the whole package was $57.90. I only ordered 3 to test them out, just finished putting them on, fit perfectly. I will measure up the rest of them and get them made. The shipping will be more in line with more hoses in the same box.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good info!

Thanks Wayne

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

260 members (257 mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 22 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,389
Posts18,469,819
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.