-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Pardon my ignorance, but how does issuing driver's licenses to people who are here illegally enhance our safety? Does it mean that the hit-and-run rate among illegals will magically decrease? Does it mean that the illegals will stop using fake insurance cards?

I know it doesn't mean that the illegals will suddenly start honoring our traffic laws. If they had any regard for our laws they wouldn't be here illegally in the first place.

[Linked Image]
A t-shirt highlighting drivers licenses for all is displayed on a table during a community meeting at the Olneyville Neighborhood Association, Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2016, in Providence, Rhode Island. Immigrant activists are planning a church-to-church march through a cluster of Rhode Island cities in response to years of political inaction on bills to grant driver's licenses to people in the country illegally. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa) (The Associated Press)

But in a move that reflects the fragility of their cause during a national backlash against illegal immigration, they're avoiding the places where they need the most support: predominantly white suburbs home to the elected representatives who dominate the state's General Assembly.

Safety fears rein in march for immigrant driver licenses
Published September 23, 2016 Associated Press

PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Immigrants and their advocates are planning to march through a cluster of Rhode Island cities this weekend to push state leaders to allow driver's licenses for people in the country illegally.

But in a move that reflects the fragility of their cause during a national backlash against illegal immigration, they're avoiding the places where they need the most support: predominantly white suburbs home to the elected representatives who dominate the state's General Assembly.

The Coalition for Safer Rhodes says it abandoned plans for an unprecedented dayslong march across the state. Organizers say they've experienced hostility and name-calling while trying to explain their cause in suburban areas and don't want to endanger the safety of marchers.

The march is scheduled to cross through the communities of Central Falls, Pawtucket and Providence on Sunday.

FOX News

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Around here you can always tell the illegal drivers. They are the ones going the speed limit or 5 under. They are real careful to avoid any kind of official contact. That's strange behavior given that Jackson WY is a sanctuary city. GRRR

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon my ignorance, but how does issuing driver's licenses to people who are here illegally enhance our safety?

The same way gun control keeps everyone safe.

It doesn't.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
They don't speed much around here either, but they tend to be rather broad minded with concepts like right-of-way, traffic signs and lights, and safe lane changes.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Checking our booking log, there's never less than three "alejandros" popped over the weekend for DUI

They like to get sh'tfaced here between roofing jobs.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
If they had any regard for our laws they wouldn't be here illegally in the first place.

It's damn hard to get this through thick heads!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My son was driving to work on 485 in Charlotte about 4 years ago!!!!A car load of Beaners spun out in the Rain and totaled his car..They had no insurance and no driver licenses...No one got arrested no tickets and my son had to eat the car... Liability only..If it had been the other way around He would have got a ticket and they would Have sued Him.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Almost 100% of native born American drivers have taken some form of drivers training. What % of illegal immigrants have done so?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Ask the NM officials how well it works!

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Here (Lake Jackson, Texas) we have had a rash of wrong way drivers causing crashes on the freeways. Late at night, drunk, and in the country illegally. And they don't need no stinkin' Drivers License ( or insurance). Sadly, they have caused several fatalities among the folks they ran into.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,383
Posts18,469,596
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.