Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntaoudad
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I don't know either of these guys, but I hunted MD out of Terlingua last month......

Ten hunters on 100k acres and all we saw were young bucks and lots of does.

The guy who is offering MD hunts on only 1200 acres is ripping people off. TP&W estimates ONE trophy MD buck for every 13000 acres in the Trans Pecos, so it takes a lot of country for a quality hunt.

I don't know Mike McKinney personally,but he has a good reputation as far as I know.

I wouldn't judge him from this new guys comments.

Rick should delete this thread unless the new guy paid his ad fee.

With who if you don't mind me asking? McKinny is the only one selling MD hunts down here that I know of which is funny because we have virtually no mule deer.

Our group has hunted together for twenty years and we have never used an "outfitter".

We lease directly from the landowner.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Time_Killer
As a Texan, I'm embarrassed.

I didn't think Texans got embarrassed. This thread may come around yet.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Hey guys I'm new to this forum but have been a lurker for quite some time. After reading through all of this I felt I better sign up and put my $.02 in on the matter. I don't know the other outfit's or people mentioned in this but I do know Mike and WTHO.

Several years ago I started doing research on DIY hunts for Aoudad and was introduced to Mike through a mutual acquaintance. From the start Mike has been nothing but professional, reliable, and a pleasure to deal with. I have since been on five different hunts and have a six booked for this spring with WTHO. These have been everything from guided to DIY and for Aoudad, Mouflon, and turkey. I now consider Mike a friend and not just an outfitter or guide. I have sent many hunters his way and all have been very successful and had great experiences with most being repeat customers now.

I've made several videos and took hundreds of pictures on my hunts that you all are welcome to watch/view so you can see for yourselves. I'd also be more then happy to talk to anyone thinking about using Mike and WTHO.

Thanks for letting me throw my $.02 into the mix.

Phillip Cramer
Goodyear, AZ
623-308-2228

My Mouflon [Linked Image]

My second Aoudad [Linked Image]

My daughter's Rio [Linked Image]

My cousin's first Aoudad [Linked Image]

My cousin's second Aoudad [Linked Image]
Phil Cramer's Vimeo

Phil Cramer
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Cramerhunts
Hey guys I'm new to this forum but have been a lurker for quite some time. After reading through all of this I felt I better sign up and put my $.02 in on the matter. I don't know the other outfit's or people mentioned in this but I do know Mike and WTHO.

Several years ago I started doing research on DIY hunts for Aoudad and was introduced to Mike through a mutual acquaintance. From the start Mike has been nothing but professional, reliable, and a pleasure to deal with. I have since been on five different hunts and have a six booked for this spring with WTHO. These have been everything from guided to DIY and for Aoudad, Mouflon, and turkey. I now consider Mike a friend and not just an outfitter or guide. I have sent many hunters his way and all have been very successful and had great experiences with most being repeat customers now.

I've made several videos and took hundreds of pictures on my hunts that you all are welcome to watch/view so you can see for yourselves. I'd also be more then happy to talk to anyone thinking about using Mike and WTHO.

Thanks for letting me throw my $.02 into the mix.

Phillip Cramer
Goodyear, AZ
623-308-2228

My Mouflon [Linked Image]

My second Aoudad [Linked Image]

My daughter's Rio [Linked Image]

My cousin's first Aoudad [Linked Image]

My cousin's second Aoudad [Linked Image]
Phil Cramer's Vimeo

Good to see ya bud....

I
I
I agree that Chris Leland is a liar and I would not believe everything posted on his website. Take his About page for example:

http://www.huntaoudad.com/about/

It lists Chris Miller as part of his "team", but Chris Miller committed suicide in June of 2017:

http://www.alpineavalanche.com/obituaries/article_b26ad9e2-5c36-11e7-84f6-0b507d3bbe8e.html

IC B2

T
T
Agree with the above regarding Chris Leland.

I recently hunted with him and he had not only double booked me with FOUR other hunters, but he did not guide me at all. Basically just took my money and dumped me off on the side of a mountain. I didn't get into aoudad until the last day of a three day hunt. You couldn't pay me to go back!!

Don't waste your time or money, spending a little more and get a quality hunt. Chris's guided hunts are a joke.

747 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I quit West Texas after many years of good hunting out there due to better quality animals in much easier places to hunt. I'm confused about the acreage y'all mentioned (2 sections). All the areas I hunted the ranches cattle pens covered 2 sections are more. You can run even the jackrabbits off a place that small with several gunshots in that area. Never hunted anything under 10K acres with several ranches in the 30-50 thousand acre range. Several well over 100,000 and still offering only a handful of animals to harvest per year. This is a dam joke!

Last edited by 747; 04/25/21. Reason: Add more info.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (160user, 007FJ, 204guy, 1936M71, 222ND, 1lessdog, 54 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,073
Posts18,482,628
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.