Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
For those that complain about the amount of mail they receive that is advertising and junk mail, its not the postal services fault... they deliver what they are given to deliver that has been paid for.

in today's world where companies make money selling your name and address... that is the start of your problem.

If you want to get off these mailing lists, its pretty easy to get off of most of them, if you know how. Be an undesirable customer...and that is easy if you know how. You name will disappear off of mailing lists that are being sold.

and here's how to do it...

Most of these companies will send stuff that has a Business Reply Card... that's your ticket.

These companies have to pay the postage on those cards being returned... or whatever they are attached to. and the rates are higher than regular mail...

The PO will take items up to 108 inches.. width length and girth... plus a weight limit of 70 lbs.

Learned this trick from a customer actually, who learned it from her girlfriend, the local post master in Gold Beach OR.

She was trying to get off mailing lists to no avail. So after she was told the parameters by her Postmaster GF...

She goes home and attaches BRM cards to the 4 used 31 x 10.50 tires her son had just replaced on his pickup.

With a BRM Card, she can mail them, as each was under the maximum limits for the PO to take. Doesn't cost her a nickle to mail them.

Sure cost the companies who had sent out the BRM cards with their advertising... they can't refuse a BRM card, and they have to pay for the postage, which is at a higher rate.

She sent out 4 of those tires twice with BRM cards attached... all junk items she had to get rid of.

All of her junk mail, suddenly disappeared... She was off their mailing lists and her name wasn't being sold to mailing companies.

Her reward was she received a scathing letter from some mailing company's President. She put it in a frame and hung it on the wall in her business office, down at the Forest Service where she worked.

I've tried it, and it works... real well actually...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
While on the subject...

ever get a call from some collection attorney?

Years ago, I was getting harrassed by some Chicago Attorney, claiming to be representing some Bank who claimed I had a credit card with them, and I owned them something like 10 grand.

I was getting threatening calls three or 4 times a week.

So I finally get their attorney on the line.. who didn't want to see to be concerned that I never had a credit card with that bank... he just wanted me to send him 'something by Friday' and it better be on his desk, or I'd be sorry...
he'll take everything I own... the Usual BS threats...

So I assured him I'd have something on his desk by Friday...

I took a pair of underwear I'd been wearing while working in the yard all day, on a nice hot summer day. Put them in a gallon zip lock bag, after wiping my can with them after taking a dump....then urinated on them while in the zip lock bag. Sealed it up... took it down to the Post Office, mailed it certified to his office in Chicago.

Get a call Monday morning with him immediately screaming at me... "What the Friggin Hell is this Schitt?"...

I responded that he had told me he wanted something on his desk by Friday.... I had sent the shirt off my back to someone else, so all I had left was the underwear off my ass... so I sent him that...

Do you want something on your desk again this Friday?

He screams F.U. over the phone and slammed down the receiver...

never heard from him or the bank again....

Showed up on my credit report as defaulting... they had doubled the figure... but it was pretty simple to have it removed...

Funny, but I've never had that issue since...but I don't use credit cards, only debit for the last decade or more..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I dont bitch much about little things that go on here and there. I'm aware that crap happens and mistakes are accidentally made on occasion. However, a recent incident did piss me off. My wife ordered a Gene Ingram knife for my birthday. The day it was scheduled for delivery I happened to be home and watched the mailman zip by the house and up the street to the next mailbox. My wife asked if the mail had ran and I told her we got nothing. She was expecting that package so at the end of the day she went by the local office. The package was there with one of those little cards saying there was an attempted delivery but nobody home to sign. The hell you say, I sat right there and watched the mailman go right by the house about 35 mph! That dishonesty is complete crap.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,423
Posts18,470,653
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.